My 1st Grow / CFL / Tent with Pictures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Eddyshore, Feb 10, 2011.

1. This is my first ever grow, it will be a one or two plant grow . I bought some female seeds from an online bank and recieved them about 1 month ago. While I waited for the seeds to arrive, I prepared for the grow by buying everything I needed. I made a CFL light fixture useing 6 cfl bulbs and two 24inch T5 bulbs all rigged to a board that is held above the plants using chain which is attached to the top of the small grow tent I purchased. The tent is 36"x24"63" and was placed in a closet in the back of my basement behind two locking doors. The tent has 2 computer fans blowing out at the top of the tent. For the soil I read a ton and came up with my own mix which has been cooking for about 3 weeks. My soil mix is ..

Dr. Earth Organic Soil (4 Parts)
    Organic Potting Soil (4 Parts)
    Perlite (3 parts)
    Lime (8 tblspns)
    Blood Meal (5 Tablspns)
    Bone Meal (10 tblspns)

The seeds I started with were Female Seeds Northern Lights and Greenhouse Seeds The Church. I took one seed of each and place them between 3 paper towels I soaked with destilled water place them in a ziplock and put the ziplock on top of my cable box . 24 hours later both seeds had popped with nice sized tap roots. I took the seeds and place them into keg cups with only Organic potting soil and placed them under the lights.

36 hours later both seeds had sprouted the date was 2/1/11 and vegging began they have been under 24/7 light since. Here are pictures of the plants at one week since sprout .
    The Church
    [​IMG]
    NL
    [​IMG]

I will be transplanting into 3 gallon smart pots with the soil batch I mixed up in the next couple days. And will continue to Veg for about 4 more weeks . While the continue to veg I will start to work on some type of carbon scrubber to reduce the smell. Anyone know a good 4inch fan , scrubber combo out there ? I am also debating on wether to SCog or not this is for personal use only so the bigger the yeild the better.

Feel free to tag along and give any input you might think is helpful I will update with pictures once a week and will be asking questions along the way.

I want to thank all the members on GC for sharing their grows and information on this site for without them I would be lost .

Thanks for Looking

E

2. bump no one ?