My 1st grow and my 1st topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zerobong, Jan 22, 2012.

1. As you can see from the pics below, those are my 1st plants, i dont know what they are cuz they are bag seeds they are still in the vegitative state its been a month and about a week ago i topped them, they are under a 400w mh light and an 18/6 photoperiod i've done alot of research before i started growing but i wanted to see how they are doing with your help plz comment and tell me if they look good or if they need anything thank you

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      125.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      232.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      297.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      290.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      234.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      228.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      178.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      262.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Dude...sweet!!!

will they be flowering in those pots?

3. #3 zerobong, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    thx dude, dnt think so, just got to waite a bit and move them to a bigger pot, and switch them to hps

4. Looks like theyre slightly stretched. Make sure they got enough light.

Nice toppin man

5. if i put them too close to each not all leaves will get light thats why they are bit further from each other but above them is projector, and those pics where taken in the 8hr dark period turned the lights on to the take the pics thats why the look sad :p cheers

6. what size room is that?

7. Looks good. You should be able to tell the sex soon...

Have you looked?

8. 1.5m by 2m room

9. #9 zerobong, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    havent started the flowering stage yet, is it possible to know the sex during the veg stage ?

10. Yes at about five or six weeks you can usually tell. Start looking this week or the next for very small pistols.

11. Yes just veg until your strain pre-flowers show if you want to know before you flower.

12. well i think they 3 of he four have tiny hairs between the internods (usually where the topping is done is that the right place am looking at ?) and the 4th one has very tiny balls and hairs mixed, should i move them to a bigger pot? and one more thing for flowering should i switch to HPS ? cuz it has the red spectrum or mh is good ? thx guys

13. How do they look now? Have the pistols gotten larger yet?

14. dont know, they look lke tiny hairs am going to waite another week under vegging, cuz i recently moved them to bigger pots, and just topped one of my plants for the 2nd time. i will repost pictures another time cheers

15. Flower under the HPS.
    Veg under the MH.
    Rinse and repeat