test

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by phantomxrider, May 15, 2010.

1. doors look sick,

2. Agreed. Great work on the doors man

3. lsx it. A good v8 setup should run no more than 200-300 lbs over a turbo setup (plus it doesn't look like you care much about weight anyways) and a good 1/3 or more of that should be over the back axle. A v8 miata with a decent suspension will still turn AND accelerate.

Monster Miata's dominate on the track.

4. got bored today and took a risk. i used valspar plastic paint and rusto clear coat. what do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    those led's are wired to a 12v power source and come on when you flip the headlight switch. i also have a cutoff button in case i don't want them on.
    [​IMG]
    i also painted my mirrors. rainy days, rainy days....
    [​IMG]

5. Interior looks great man

6. that's what i was going to say.

the paint turned out really good too. I personally probably wouldn't do anything else interior wise. That looks soooo much better than stock.

7. I would like to start a project of my own with this car.

8. i'm thinking the exact same thing. maybe painting the rings around the air vents white. maybe. also, i was toying with the idea of having led lights tucked/hidden away in the footwells that bump with the music. i'd only have them on during a hotbox. otherwise that would look retarded.

next up is bodywork. you guys saw my idea, it's not going to stray from the factory styling too much. then the under the hood fun begins :)

9. annaliese (my e30) wishes she were owned by you, i'm sure.

she knows she needs some cosmetic work, and she knows i'm not really concerned with appearances.

:smoking:

10. thanks man! i'd love to get my hands on an e30. i'm helping another dude out right now with interior ideas for his 06 passat, so feel free to pm me for ideas.

11. Bimmer owners have the best names for their cars.

My M is Esmerelda.

12. That is a very, very, very sexy car. Nice work man.

:smoking:

13. well well well, we have pictures, taken with a friend's pentax camera...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the powersliding pics are from when i was just breaking traction, cause her timing was too soon, but they look great nonetheless.

14. You should tint that bitch out. Is it fun drivin one of those? cuz its so fuckin small haha. Im sure you can just whip around in it

15. I'm tinting it out once I get a new top for it with a glass window. The top I have now is falling apart. And it's surprisingly roomy, I'm 6'0" and drive it fine. I heard it's wayyy roomier than the s2000.

16. nah. hardtops kill the miata for me. i cant get enough of the convertible top....and it also makes un-boxing so much better. ive seen this dude with the pit crew front nose and the fastback hardtop... it looks so good.

17. the car looks good man. Nice to see someone getting into cars. If i could make some suggestions:

when you can, invest in some decent coilovers. these should run you about $800 for a lower end design, up to a few thousand for some baller peices. these will allow adjustability and the ability to set your ride height at any time. also they will drastically improve handling over the worn out stock peices.

TIRES! tires are the only part of the car actually attached to the road. investing in a good set of summer rubber will make a world of a difference.

wheels: search around on some miata forums for a good set of used wheels. good wheels doesnt mean: too big for your car, (BIGGEST i would go is 17"" blinged out in chrome, bent, curb rashed etc etc. good wheels does mean: a low offset to achieve the proper stance with your coilovers, lightweight, and most importantly, strong.

engine: the best "mods" you can do for your engine/drivetrain to start out are as follows...
    change the oil with synthetic. make sure you are using the proper weight. you never know what kind of garbage 3.99/qt oil the previous owner was using, or even if they changed it at all.

get all your fluids flushed and replaced. wont cost a lot at all at a local shop. get new sparkplugs. clean your engine bay and replace your air filter with a K&N drop in washable replacement. you may also want to check your catalytic converters. being the car is from 1990 they might be dead. replace any worn belts and keep an eye on any parts you suspect are rusting through/ replace them if they are.

as for performance parts for your engine:

cold air intake: K&N makes great products. expect an increase in throttle response, a few horsepower (most likely you will only feel it through a placebo effect) and a great roaring sound. make sure you buy either a true cold air intake or at least a FIPK with a heatshield to prevent heatsoak.

exhaust: a quality stainless steel catback will save you about 30 pounds and give you a few horsepower and a great sound. replacing your cats with high flow aftermarket versions is also a good idea. stay away from test pipes (straight pipes that replace your cats) if you live in an anal smog state like cali. Later down the road, you may also want to invest in headers. some cars gain quite a few horsepower with aftermarket headers, others like mine (s2000) not so much. look up on miata forums and see if its worth it before you do anything.

Cams: later down the road you might want to look at cams. if you do, anything from this point on (engine internals, forced induction) will be optimized with tuning. tuning is expensive but worth it. thats all for now, good luck, please get rid of those stupid fake walmart vents.

18. thanks for the advice. unfortunately i have to take a break from my car. this means that the experimental white console that now has a bubble spot and two chips in will have to remain that way until i get this court BS over in august. haha.

and the vents are long gone, they werent my idea and i got them off as soon as i found out how to without hurting the paint.

19. posting to sub, interior looks great, so far youve done a pretty good job man.

I love white on black. I think it would look great with just black rims (no white lip) and also no racing stripes... (or maybe ONE wide black stripe?) Im not feeling two skinny outlined stripes. Im really not a fan of any stripes unless its like... a viper or new camaro. (or a classic car)

also, that hard top pic posted above looks SICK... im not a fan of convertables, but black top will look good with the white on black scheme.

also if you ask me LEDs are starting to look a little bit.... well, ricey. Just like neons or what ever. To much "show" stuff. But I do like the re upholstery and stuff you did.