test

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by phantomxrider, May 15, 2010.

1. Here's my thing with front bumper conversions. The front of cars are supposed to look like a face. It's a fact. When people get split level front ends, it just makes me think of cleft lips. Do you want your miata to have a cleft lip?

2. #82 phantomxrider, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010

oh shit, that made me laugh. the bumper's a while down the road anyways, i have a court date to save up for. driving in 1st gear in a culdesac is considered wreckless driving here.

edit: bodykit master, what do you think of this one? can you tell i reallllly want foglights?
    [​IMG]

3. Sucks on the reckless driving charge. That's some bullshit.

I dont know how I feel about that bumper because of the thing in the middle.

4. i know right? long story short, this drunk lady had her kids and the neighbor kids all playing out in the street at like 11pm. i make a turn around and she flips shit and leans into my car to yell at me. i feel threatened and pull off after i tell her im doing so. but she yells 'OH MAH GAWD he ran over my foot!" and then i hear my license plate # being yelled out.

anyways, yeah. that divider in the middle and the fake vent things are awkward looking. i hate to suggest bondo on a car, but could it be possible to cut that off and bondo the holes left behind? or would that be a 300 dollar mistake?

5. I had something similar happen to me when I drove an MX6 with no exhaust. Thing was monster loud. I pulled down this road to go by the river to camp, and this woman had her kid just playing in the middle of the road, and she starts yelling and motioning for me to stop after I had already slowed down to let her get her dumb kid out of the road. The cops came out there a little later accusing me of driving recklessly down the road, but I told them about the exhaust, and soon after that a cop that knew my dad came up and told the other cop to step off.

I would try to find a front end that you like before trying to modify ones that you don't, honestly. Unless you're really experienced in body work, you may bite off more than you can chew with it

6. true, but then again it doesnt look like too complex of a cut. two small cuts for the beam in the middle, lay down some sheet metal or thin piece of wood on the inside of the kit to make it flush, and then go smooth it over with bondo. the vents at the top can be fixed with more bondo and filling them.

7. If you feel confident in doing it, I say go for it. You could find a new calling in life if you can pull it off and make it look good, man. Without the fake vents and the beam, it wouldnt look bad.

8. #88 phantomxrider, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010

i mean, if i fuck up then i'd would have had made a clean cut in the first place so it shouldnt be that hard to just epoxy it back on and sand it down eh?

gah i need to stop reading this thread. im getting anxious for my new speakers. i hate waiting on things in the mail.

and what would you (or anybody) think of 1" orange trim on either side of each black stripe on a white car?

edit: and thanks to gooback who suggested some ideas on how to get those fender deco's off my car. it took a heat gun, some floss, a bottle of goo-gone and some elbow grease. somebody give him some rep eh? :)

9. Go JDM, all of the body kits you've posted look horrendous except for the bomex. Even still, you can put the fog lights in the bomex front end if you really absolutely need them. I'd rather run brake cooling ducts through there instead, but hey it's not my car. Either way, I'm getting a strong feeling this is going to turn in to a rice rocket.

10. #90 phantomxrider, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010

you know, funny thing you say that because all the body kits ive posted except for the last are bomex. see the last front bumper? i can modify that to my own preferences so not only does it not look like shit, but also has brake ducts and fogs. do you know why i want fog lights buddy? because the barn door headlights kill my mpg at night and look funny. so low profile lights fix that, but cut down on lighting, which will be countered by the extra lighting. i'm thinking my shit out because i work a crummy ass job and $2,400 is too much for me to pay to turn my car into a jdm rice rocket. can't you see all these exterior parts are close to the same dimensions as stock, and really have only small differences? the point is so my car doesnt have the "i came from mars" look.

besides, the reason why i'm asking for help on exterior mods is because i'm getting opinions. i dont need much help on the engine. exhaust, heads, cam, cold air intake, supercharger or turbo, and suspension work is really all you need to make the car fun as hell. shit, really all you need is work on the handling aspect to turn your passenger's face white.

11. What about heads, cam, intake, and exhaust? if you want to get the best out of your car then it's going to need to be able to breathe. the F/I should be the last thing you do IMO.

12. bah. i was too high to list it all lol. i got it. thanks though.

13. I'm about to head down to the hobby store to pick up some white vinyl so I can color my door panels. I emailed the owner of this site and she replied back with the way she did hers. It's really easy; I'll post the instructions if somebody wants them.
    I was wondering though, while I'm at it and changing colors around, I've seen some colored center consoles around the internet.
    [​IMG]
    How would I go about doing this? Just rattlecan paint, or would the car sitting under the hot Georgia sun mess anything up? Like I said earlier, I haven't found any replacement colored consoles so I'm assuming this is what they do.

14. When I was looking into spraying the dash on my old car someone suggested using rattle cans designed for radiators... put up with the heat better maybe?

15. see that sounds good and it seems like being the most common way. but it sits under a black top under the sun, so even once the paint dries wont it stink the car up like spraypaint?

anyways, i re-upholstered my door panels today. pictures up in a little bit.

16. I doubt it if you use the radiator stuff. I've got it on my radiators and they don't smell when they get hot...

I guess that's the difference between the standard stuff and the radiator paint, the normal stuff would smell if it got to those heats.

I like the re-upholstery by the way, the white looks good dude.

17. #97 phantomxrider, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    Let's try these pictures again. First, I want to show how I had to do my own top of the line custom performance speaker mounts that add 10HP (because my speakers were too big, ha)
    [​IMG]

Now for the new door panels. I bought some white vinyl fabric from the fabrics place for $15. I even have enough to sew my own shift boot, e brake boot and seatbelt fastener boots.

Starting to disassemble the driver side:
    [​IMG]

All taken apart
    [​IMG]

What are the chances?
    [​IMG]

About to be upholstered
    [​IMG]

All cut and stapled down
    [​IMG]

Ready to go back in. That smudge is just factory glue that got on my hands.
    [​IMG]

Driver door done
    [​IMG]

Both doors done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now for the headrest speakers. I didn't get the chance to take pictures of my progress because my friend who was helping me gave me an adderall and man I was focused on getting this done. So what was supposed to be "let's do one since its late" turned into "Shit dude, I'm so pumped, they sound so good. Let's do the others!"

A bit of a messy fit (foam cutting and longer-than-factory screws were needed).
    It's still a solid installation.
    [​IMG]

Plus they sound great and it looks really clean when all zipped up.
    [​IMG]

Total cost of the speakers and door panels: $35 (that's right, four speakers for $20, coupon codes ftw)

18. aw, nobody saw this yet?
    bump:smoke:

19. nice looking good

20. the white door cards look great man.