test

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by phantomxrider, May 15, 2010.

1. dude, they said a body kit will make it handle better. i think that statement alone gives you enough info on their experience with cars.

2. who, me? i never said that, i may be a little new to cars but im not a dumbass.

3. haha, thats pretty funny.

sorry to hear about that though. that does suck, but hey it could of been worse.

4. OP you look familiar, i'm pretty sure we had the same minimester last year for awhile then you just left.

5. lol @ tearing your rubber

man, you shoulda just mashed that fuckin pussy. you know they like it hard. :devious:

6. you go to msc? ive never taken a minimester but i know there is another miata there.

also i just got some tires on this morning and paydays tomm. im back on track :)

7. idk dude i swear i seen you before, i was high as fuck when i first posted though lol.
    have you ever been located in Middle GA? cuz thats where i went to highschool and i thought we had a class together there.
    and nah i dont have a miata but i like reading about them and stuff. i swear i seen you on my friend jacob's facebook.

8. no not you, the person he quoted

9. okay...right now im tripping on shrooms and this is one too many coincidences lol. and jacob who?

10. oh and to unwise, i meant that the car that mazda had before the miata had a turbo engine in it. they then took the miata concept and took the motor out of the previous car, and stripped it of the turbo.

11. tokin alcoholic said that your engine wasn't ready for turbo, not unwise. unwise knows his shit.

but hell, any fucking engine can take a turbo. it just depends how long it'll go before the thing detonates, like my old honda.

:cry: /sad memories

12. im not sure if it was unwise or the other guy asking the question, so i guessed lol

13. updates:
    i ordered two pairs of legacy 3.5" speakers the other day and they should be coming in soon. they will be going into the headrest and accompanied by a picture journal. i'm iffy about the speakers, but shit, they were 4 for $20 and had 4.5 star reviews. i'd say its worth it. (edit: 4 for $20. heh). the soft top will be the next major thing done, but not necessarily the next. as of now i'm still rocking the duct tape and hot glue patching.

also, i changed my mind on the paint scheme. if i were to go from white to black, my perfectionist ass would want the trunk bay and engine bay painted too, and that would just mean more money and work. so instead the glossy white look has grown on me and that's what i'm going to have painted, with gloss black racing stripes. imagine this:

[​IMG]
    (i love his rim color scheme - a custom gloss white/black combo - most definitely have to get that done instead of my rattlecan painted stock rims)

with a black soft top, roll bar, this front bumper,
    [​IMG]

and this design of black racing stripes, minus the fender stripes.
    [​IMG]

of course, the tinted windows are still going on and im keeping the tinted lenses.

i think i like this paint scheme better than the first. what do you guys think?

14. not a fan of racing stripes myself, especially if the car can't back up the racey-look. again, I, would stick with the gloss look, looks much cleaner and it's less attention, from cops and tuners.

just my .02 though.

15. Dont do that bodykit.

If you want to change the front end, do it with something like this.

[​IMG]

16. #76 phantomxrider, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010

ahh i would, but thats the NB model. mine's the NA. there's such a better selection of bodykits for any miata '98 and up. you really have to do some digging to find something modest but modified at the same time.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/247483
    that's the guy who got me hooked on the kit.
    here's a better picture of it. i'll admit the advertising sample picture is a bit off putting.
    [​IMG]
    by the way, those are turn signal intakes, not a part of the kit. dont look too good in my opinion but i see them everywhere.

or would this look better?

[​IMG]

17. That. the turn signals on the other one looks... just too off. get this one but try and find one with those same foglights. they are nicely placed and look cool.

18. the turn signals on the upper picture are comepletely different parts. they dont come with the bumper. but i do agree, i don't like them.

19. Yeah, the split level design looks super tack. The second one looks a lot better.

20. i'm a bit torn between the two. i'm also growing tired of my low powered and oversized barn door headlights, so when i do a low profile install/mod/diy/whatever i want to have the extra lights. there's always the option of buying a stock bumper with fogs added in, but at the end of the day you just paid $200-400 for foglight holes.