test

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by phantomxrider, May 15, 2010.

1. you should get some coilovers and slam that shit. get sway bars and stuff too. increased handling is ftw

2. Slamming a car hurts handling.

Lowering it an appropriate amount helps.

3. I hope that's dirrected at the OP because you must have really not noticed my sarcasm.

4. no i shouldnt.

i dont know, i wasnt trying to go sideways as i know a lot of motorcycles come around those blind turns. my dad rides a bike himself and i know people dont watch out for those things. but at the same time i wasnt doing normal roadway driving. maybe its the picture, but so far the pedals havent gotten in the way of anything, even when i take it sideways...

5. That body kit is going to look terrible unless you have wheels that fit flush, which means you need both lowering and low offset wheels.

Shit, I think lowering with some low offset wheels looks better without a body kit anyway. Don't you agree that this is a much more classy way to set your car off than bolting janky-ass pieces of plastic to the side?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lowering a Miata is cheap...

Flyin' Miata : Chassis : Suspension packages

Flyin' Miata : Chassis : Suspension : Ground Control coilover kit

Those plus wheels and you're set.

6. ^^^^ the truth you need to look into what you want to do before you do it the best is to lower it on coilovers megans are cheap and pretty good and they run like 900

7. this is true but you have so much piping already and the more piping and bends there are you loose power and the air does not remain cold so its just simpler to run a good size intercooler and just a small amount off the turbo to a filter

8. How is 900 cheap for coilovers? Konei's are cheaper than that, and they're top shelf..

Also, don't do deep dish wheels like what somebody posted.. get normal ones.

9. koneis are not coilovers the are shock you stilll need the springs to have somethin close to coilovers and 900 it cheap when coils get up to the 10k range

koneis
    [​IMG]

real coilovers
    [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

Those are obviously just shocks..

11. well specify on what you mean next time and one peice coilovers are still beter than and shock and spring set up y freind has koni yellows and ground controll and my one peice ksports are still stiffer and all around better

12. I'm sorry, one piece coilovers is not a superior setup to a shock and spring.

13. #33 phantomxrider, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    what about clips that just pinch them down?
    they sound horrible but im a car noob and looking for advice. ha.
    my friend did this on his eclipse and i can see it ending badly for him.

edit: he sold the car anyways :rolleyes:

14. Dont take shortcuts on modifying your car.. cheap alternatives to the real thing can be life threatening as they are often not guaranteed for road use..

15. not to derail the OP's thread but... One piece coilovers are not necessarily better than a well setup set of shocks/struts and springs. They are very popular for track/race cars because of the huge amount of adjustability that they offer - most drivers dont need it. Koni's + good springs and your set.

Tail of the Dragon is legendary, your lucky man

16. If you have the same rates on a spring/shock setup as a coilover setup would, they are the exact same. Neither is superior to the other in terms of use at all.

17. you can only pic two of the three fast, cheap, reliable

18. i believe you are wayyyyy over op's head here but i mostly agree. where either upgrade is far superior to stock suspensions, most normal drivers can almost never tell the difference between coilovers and upgraded springs and shocks. me personally i'd stick with coilovers for their easier installation and exceptional adjustability

19. im with you on this

20. lol, im just kicking back and watching this unfold