My 08 Outdoor grows- Take 1 & Take 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattc707, Aug 31, 2008.

1. OK...I looked at the weird spots with a 60x scope and to me it looks like dirt. I've never seen mold under a microscope but I imagine it looks like something growing, not just some black speckles in with trichomes. There's none in buds anywhere, just on stems in a few spots. I'll just cut the stems out and have some smaller buds. Big deal.
    Anyways...Rosie has almost 80% orange hairs, if not more, but I just checked today and shes still got a lot of clear trichomes. If I want this to be more of a couchlock stone should I let her go another week or 2? Need pics?

2. thats good it isnt mold. rosie will need about 2 more weeks, but just keep checking those trichs and be patient :D
    you can probably just wash her off if you want. grab a watering can and water the dirty part and shake her off after...i dont think this will do much. the trichs will stay too. keep it up man, i love following this journal.

3. If you have a magnifier then it's best to ignore the hairs and look at the trichomes. The trichomes are the true indicator. Check for the amber ones as I have found a plant can show a lot of amber and still have some clear. I pick mine when about 1 in 10 are amber. Couchlock, I think, is about 1 in 4 or more.

4. What was your light cycle outside that made your plant flower so quick like how many hours of light were there and how many off?

5. Thanks guys :D I can't wait
    Mokin-I couldn't tell ya the exact light cycle, but it was just march-april in northern Cali with some clones that were already showing sex prior to being put outside.

6. oh well no biggy just curious cause i want the plant im growing to mature fast cause i might not have enough time before parents come back home check out my grow lol

7. So my GDP was about 21 grams, and my buddys about 24. I'll take some pics later today when I get off work.

8. [​IMG]

Seed plant #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barbara W
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rosie O
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Looking real nice my friend! +Karma!

10. hey matt the plants look nice as hell. i hope you get stoned off your ass with all that dank dude :p:smoking::hello:

did i tell you how i thought hurricane ike killed my plants. well i have one surviving and i want to harvest it pm me for pics

11. Thanks man! PM sent

I have some indoor bomb from the club left from when I bought it last week, and I'm smokin this stuff by choice! I'm really happy with how all the clones turned out quality wise, but they coulda yielded more. But between this and the seed plants I should be tokin through the winter.
    Watch out for some bad ass new glass now that I won't be spending $150+ on weed every week. :bongin:

12. props man. all those plants look dankity dank. i got an outdoor goin right now here in WI but its startin to get pretty chilly so its going to be an early harvest.

nice grow though.

13. Thanks balla. Thats sucks having to cut your plants early, but some is better than nothin, and you now have more experience for next time. Enjoy :bongin:

14. Rosie was cut down today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was a bunch of air buds too but they're set aside for BHO.

15. rosie yeilded pretty nicely....

16. I thought so too, seems like it should be a bare minimum of 3oz or so but we'll see, I'll let you guys know as soon as its dry.

17. Looks great dude...just read the whole thread. Rosie better yield fat!

18. hows the grow going man?

19. Going good, just Barbara Walters left out alone in the cold. I cut down the 3rd bagseed plant yesterday and Rosie was just put into jars a few days ago, she yielded about 1/4 lb, maybe 3 1/2 :)

I haven't had to buy weed in a while. It's been great. And all I've been smoking on is the few zips I got from the clones, which has been awesome smoke :bongin:

20. nice trimmings dawg :smoke: