My 08 Outdoor grows- Take 1 & Take 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattc707, Aug 31, 2008.

1. oh nice nutes, gotta love norcal :)
    sadly i dont have a rec...growing in my backyard would be awesome!

i say the clones will get a little over an o. those bagseeds will get more...but who knows how much. i would expect a little and when the weight is way more, it will bring a smile to your face. i thought my bunk harvest would be 7 grams...it was 24. ----> :D

2. #42 mattc707, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
    Okay...question time.
    Like I said a few posts up, I'm using Fox Farms Open Sesame.
    http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/products_solgran1.html
    Will I be okay using this up until flushing or should I move onto something like the Beastie Bloomz? The N-P-K don't seem too different, but is there something I'm missing? Do I need to run to the store and pick up some more nutes? :confused:
    Thanks guys

I know on the website it says to switch to Beastie Bloomz a while into flowering, so should I do that or will what I have be enough?

Damnit now I've got myself all nervous.

3. wish i could help you, but i only know guano teas...

4. I think I'll just go ahead and pick up the 2nd stage tomorrow to use on the clones for a while, I'll keep using the Open Sesame for the bagseed plants for a while then go to the Beastie Bloomz. The stuff is kinda expensive though, 26 bucks for a little thing about the size of a soda can, just a little taller. Well worth it in the end :D

5. Yeah you can get the 3-pack(OS, BB, and Cha-Ching) for $59 at my local Hydro Store, buying them in single containers is like $20 more if you end up buying all 3.

6. Now that I thought about it I'm not sure if I should get the 2nd stage, or at least for these clones.
    If from plant to plant the trichomes range from 1/2 clear 1/2 cloudy to 100% cloudy, is there any estimation on how long until I want to chop? I know it really depends on strain but I'm just wondering if theres an 'about'...cause I wanna flush em for at least 2 weeks and I'm not sure how much time I'd have to be giving them the Beasty Bloomz before I started flushing.

I guess I could just buy it, use it for the next week or 2 or however long, and then use it on the seed plants too. That's probably what I'll do unless they mature pretty fast from here.

7. Another question: How much should I be worried about rain molding buds? I've heard different things, from 'if they get wet twice it'll all mold' to 'shake em off a little and you should be alright'. Whats the real truth? We haven't had any rain yet but I wanna know how worried I should be.

8. cannabis has survived thousands of years with rain. dont worry about it, if it rains just give the plants a shake. sorry i dont know your nute problem, i dont use hydro store nutes. since we are in a fairly dry climate (especially sonoma), you should have no worries for mold. just check them every day and you should be good!

9. Alright, thanks cannabisblunt. That helps.

10. The biggest of the 3 seed plants is starting to fill out, but the other 2 still behind. November harvest?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked up the Beasty Bloomz yesterday, gave some to the clones. I'm tired of waiting!!!

11. Purple Haze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a bunch more pics but I'm just too lazy to resize and upload em.

12. G13
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream
    [​IMG]

13. Sativa bagseed (Barbara Walters)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tiny buds for Mid September? Or is this just how sativas can be?

[​IMG]

14. your plants look great i have to say. My plants look no where as good as yours. Yeah two of my plants (2/3) are Sat dom and they are little dwarfs.

i just recently purchased some 6-55-11

15. Thanks man :D

I have the 3 seed plants on 5-45-19 Fox Farms Open Sesame and the 5 clones on 0-50-30 Beastie Bloomz

16. wow those are some high numbers in phosphorus. how much are you putting in? one of my plants died this year because of over ferting with phosphorus 10-54-10. make sure there isnt any buildup and flush every once in a while. (Matt yours is organic right?)

17. Yeah the Fox Farms is organic I believe. Any way of showing buildup or toxicity?

18. nope, springs up on you like a bitch.
    the plant was fully green after i had watered. came back 3 days later and it was yellow and dead. i had used the same nute schedule throughout flowering and it just died.

19. It doesn't show any sign like leaf burning and stuff with too much nitrogen? Maybe I'll back off and give em just water for the next few waterings.

20. i think you should be fine. maybe just flush the plants next watering. since youre growing organic you should be fine. if you want an early harvest take a few tester buds! its great to test the variety of highs...i love it!