Mutant plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheAntidote, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a marijuana plant with three branches on each set going up the stem. It actually only did this for the first few sets then went back to two branches for each set like a normal plant.

Anyone know why it would do this? A couple people have told me it just has mutant genetics like someone had messed with the genetics of one of its parents. Also it would be awesome if you guys told me what you thought of the overall health of the plant.

Here are a bunch of pics

Sorry about the blurry image but if you look at the bottom branches you can see three branches shooting out of the stem.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I have seen a few plants do that, not many, I wondered if the flowers would produce more but never compiled the data... :eek: let us know...

3. Yes it happens on occasion that you get a triploid plant. This usually lasts for a short while before it reverts to biploid leaves. Nothing to worry about.

4. happened to me too, after the second set it went back to having just two instead of three...i was hoping for more bud sites as well.

5. might mean more bud sites?
    if so, congrats

6. ya i plant did that before it naturally topped itself....(bugs ate the shit outta the new growth lol)

7. Thanks for the replies guys ill post some pics when she's done (assuming it's female)