Mutant Plant? Unexplained sprout!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Barahng, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I wake up this morning and find this unexplained sprout in my 2 week old's pot.

Grow Specs: Generic Walmart Potting Soil, pH adjusted water (6.8), 52 watts of CFL on this plant. Strain is "White Castle" from Nirvana Seeds.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, it has me puzzled.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      567.4 KB
      Views:
  2. looks like you mite have sliped in another seed? that would be cool if the roots develop another plant, or its just a seed from some bird seed that was originaly in the soil to begin with or somethin.

3. I don't recall slipping any seeds in the soil, and it definitely looks like a marijuana sprout.

4. i wonder what strain its going to be? haha
    are you going to try to transplant it to its own pot?
    if you do see if the roots conect if it sprouted from the main plant that would be sick.
    its a plant that makes its own clones. nice.

5. I'll for sure be transplanting, but if it's connected to the root system HOLY SHIT CLONE.

6. lol, yeah nature's own!! Christmas in Jan.

7. good deal. let us know what it becomes.

8. you need to keep updating the pis, never seen anything like it.!!! COOL! The anticipation is killing me!

9. maybe they can grow in harmony!
    try to LST it so one side is one plant and the otehr side is the other plant

10. my guess is that most likley you had 2 sprouts pop out of 1 seed, i had it happen to me a few weeks ago, i was able to tell b4 i planted the seed because i had seen 2 tap roots out the bottom of the seed when i was germing it, i would transplant as soon as posible.

11. #11 Barahng, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010

Just transplanted, unfortunately they weren't sharing a root system as I hoped, so your guess seems to be correct.

But my question is, if it was two sprouts, how did they end up so far away?

Oh, and I just remembered I originally had this planted in Miracle Gro, I transplanted at about 5 days old, also, why/how would the second seedling sprout so late after the first?

12. lol mutant plant. that sounds bad you should call it what it is .....a blessing lol

13. if that is the case, those sorts of genetics could be killer to have (Assuming the smoke isn't sucky.)

a self-replicating cannabis plant. oh the possabilities :D

blah, i guess i should have read the rest of the thread before replying :lol:

14. the second sprout coulda been in the soil without u knowing and when u transplanted, it got moved and maybe it was deeper in the new soil so it sprouted up later.
    that is my theory.

o and how long has it been transplanted?

15. 2 days, it was bent over quite a bit, but I turned it opposite from the light and it seems to have righted itself.

In the soil I bought from Wal-Mart? Doubtful.

16. [quote name='Barahng']Just transplanted, unfortunately they weren't sharing a root system as I hoped, so your guess seems to be correct.

But my question is, if it was two sprouts, how did they end up so far away?

Oh, and I just remembered I originally had this planted in Miracle Gro, I transplanted at about 5 days old, also, why/how would the second seedling sprout so late after the first?[/QUOTE]
    the same as how 2 diff seeds will grow and sprout at diff rates, thats just saying that maybe the one that took longer to sprout has bad/less good genetics than the stronger one .