Musicians

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Eclipse_Shadow, Jan 28, 2007.

1. What instruments do you play and for how long, and whats you best song?

Guitar - 1 year and 6months
    Bass - 4 months

My best guitar song id say is Ashes of the Wake cause i figured all of it out by ear.

2. I've been playing guitar for about four years, a lot of blues rock and classic rock stuff

I know enough keyboard to get by, too

3. Clarinet - 10 years

Saxophone - 9 years

Bass - 7 years

Guitar - 6 years

I dabble in Piano.

I don't really learn just songs...I write my own stuff on guitar/bass/piano, and I'm a jazz Tenor Saxophonist.

4. Viola - 6+ years...haven't played in a while

Guitar- 5 or so years off and on. Just got into fingerpicking blues and bluegrass and such recently.

Used to play piano by ear a lot, picked up a sweet koa ukulele in hawaii that is fun to strum on.

Rock on

5. Guitar - 4 years and I've been obsessed ever since. It's a passion.

Saxophone - 7 years, but I've lost passion for it the last 2 or 3 unfortunately

I can play piano/keyboard a bit too along with bass, but I'm not too great at either. I can lay down tracks for both for songs I record though.

6. Double post.

EDIT: Oh my best song...hmmm. That's tough. I don't really enjoy learning songs but creating my own. My best song is here:
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=930310&t=8986

I just finished it and really think it's my best yet. I did everything on it. It's not the most complicated song when looking at it at individual instruments. I wanted to create an epic metal song that works like classical music. The structure is unconventional and instead of stringing a bunch of cool riffs together, I based different parts off a main theme with dynamics, key changes, and numerous different melodies used for the same chord progression.

It's almost 13 minutes long though, so if you're going to listen, make sure you have some time on your hands hah.

7. This is a wonderful eight word spam post.

Lol jk, but thanks for answer :D you guys got a lot of years of playing behind your backs.

8. I played piano and cello when i was younger, about two years worth for each and apparently kicked ass at the time (or every other child sucked real bad so i took the lead by default). After 10 years and after I forgot nearly everything I learned musically, I started to play guitar. Its been about three years of struggling, barely being able to read music now and have a hard time with my phrasing. But, I'm pretending that since I don't have a teacher or anyone else to play with that what I make and play is outsider art and genius. ahh delusions :D

9. guitar - 5 years been writing originals for my band for about a year

bass when i have to - about 3 years

trombone - 4 years

piano - since first grade... i dont even know how long that was lol

i dont everything by ear on piano now, sheet music is a waste of time, if i can hear it or imagine it i can basically play it.

ummm... yeah by best song i guess you mean the one im most proud of.... that would have to be one of my originals but you cant ask me to choose between my children... and favorite to play on guitar would be taylor by jack johnson, just fun or anything hendrix

10. Guitar- lost count
    Drums- 1 year
    Cow bell- 9 years

I'm getting into bass and keyboards. Hope to pick up a sax soon also.

11. guitar (electric, acoustic) - 6 years

my favorite acoustic songs to play are pardon me (acoustic) by incubus and and my own rendition of all along the watchtower by dylan, and hendrix i suppose.

i havnt been playing much electric lately. but when i do i play a lot of deftones (my own summer, nosebleed, ihabia, etc) and tool (lateralus, eulogy, part of me, cold and ugly, lots of shit...)

if it wasnt for my guitars, id've gone insane by now.

12. guitar for 5 years

13. I've been playing guitar for 8 years, and it's a passion of mine. I practice about 2 hours a day when i have time.

My best songs: Megadeth - Five Magics, Megadeth - Lucretia, Buckethead - Jordan, Buckethead - Welcome to Bucketheadland

Here's a link to a little song i recorded one night when i was really stoned. It's pretty rough cuz i did each track in one take.

http://n0ctuary.tastyspleen.net/

The song's called "frequency disturbance"

EDIT: I meant to post a link