Musician's Corner

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MattMo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. This thread, hopefully, will be a place where people who play instruments, are in groups, or do their own music, can come and talk about their passion.

For example, I'm a drummer, and have been in a multitude of bands, most recently metalcore/djent style. I also played violin for a good 6 years, but haven't picked it up in a good while.

Anybody else? Rappers, singers, drummers, guitarists, bassists, keyboardists/pianists, violinists, celloists? Anyone. Share your music, your thoughts, your opinions, etc. :smoke:

2. I do a solo electronic rock act, it's pretty fun, need to do a band again though it can get tough doing everything alone

3. I've been a guitarist for about 5-6 years. I have 5 guitars. I've never been in a band though, I don't think I have enough free time to be in one. I play all kinds of music, from classic rock to death metal to reggae to classical music. I consider myself I good guitarist. I play every day

4. I play guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. I am very active in my local metal/punk scene. I play bass in my friend's black/thrash band, drums in an old school death metal band, guitar/vocals in my bestial black metal band, guitar/vocals in another black metal project that a friend and I do, and I have a one-man grindcore/powerviolence band.

5. You should post some of your performances. Sounds cool what you do. Is being a musician your full time job?

6. Haha no sir I'm just some young loser without a purpose. Its just something I do because I love the music. I reject the idea of making money off of my stuff because 1) I'm really only doing it for myself, everyone else can fuck off haha and 2) It doesn't appeal to very many people anyways (unless you're into the underground).

But since you suggested I post something, here's a little black metal that a friend and I do. He plays drums and I'm on guitar/vocals. No bass allowed. :D
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG3MCF9TOaI]Solstice d'Hiver - Sommeil Eternel - YouTube[/ame]

7. I've played violin pretty much my whole life. I'm working on a few different projects right now, but no actual recordings of them yet. All I've got recorded are some improvisations and a couple electronic compositions.

8. I've played guitar about four and a half years, bass about three years, recently started learning the mandolin and banjo, enjoy the harmonica (it's great to store in cargo shorts for traveling jams), and I enjoy singing despite being terrible at it. I've never played in any bands that really went anywhere, so more than anything I've essentially jammed with every musician I know of in the area.