Musical guilty pleasures?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Electric Wizard, Aug 27, 2008.

1. hmmmm, guilt pleasures

KoRn, Limp bizkit, Nirvana

2. [quote name='Palmer Eldritch']hah
    probably Rusted Root or Jamiroquai
    [\quote]

lol i bet everyone knows rusted root cuz they had "send me on my way" in Ice Age.

it depends on if im gona actually listen to the music or just have it in the background.
    if its background then I usually like the soundtracks that the sand artists play while they draw lol this is an example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Invhsa87isk

3. well, send me on my way is pretty much THE ''movie song''

4. good one.

Also---

James Blunts - Beautiful Damnit!!! It's so catchy!!!! arrghhh
    ( It got into my head and stayed there when i saw a parody that replaced the chorus with "Ramen Noodles" )

man, no one has said it, but if you listen to that mainstream, pop country bs, that would be a guilty pleasure, i dont see how people can enjoy that shit. It's a absolute desecration to true country music.

5. Pre WWII country blues, "Race records". Blind Boy Fuller, Furry Lewis, Robt Johnson, etc.

6. Natalie Imbruglia's song "Torn". Anyone remember that from the mid to late nineties? I was growing up then and something about it strikes some sort of happy memory or something in me. Also Linger by the Cranberries.

There are others that may be for some people, but I'm not ashamed to love Regina Spektor.

7. Rise Against and Saosin. It makes me feel unclean, but I love them.

8. Blink 182. Such a great band. I'm not actually embarrassed that I enjoy them, but I know that I'm supposed to be.

9. OMG I LOVE YOU. i love the old delta blues stuff. mississippi john hurt might be my favorite. i have a whole pandora station dedicated to that genre of music. I LOVE IT. you have class sir. +rep.

10. *SIGH* nelly furtado(her first album was REALLY good dont have any others tho), vanessa carlton and nora jones. other than the one nelly furtado album i dont have any of the others but listen when and like what i hear...other than that my metalhead friends would say korn and slipknot are guilty pleasures of mine, but im proud to like them, but i dont listen to any album past issuse and like MAYBE 4 songs on untouchables. everything after i am deaf to

11. i love me some delta blues once in a while

12. ok... i'll admit it. Tom Jones. I love Tom Jones.

13. I am a Delta Bues/Jam band guy!

But every now and then I'll turn on some Tupac, Neil Diamond, or gasp........i like opera!

14. 30 seconds to mars.
    theyre talented.

15. yeah, most people see Korn and Slipknot as whiney teen angst music....which i agree with, but i loved korn when i was younger and i still listen to them when i'm in the mood.

my friends flame me hardcore whenever i play Limp Bizkit around them.

16. jam bands

F

T

W

people dont jam enough these days.

17. Two Words... Spice Girls
    :hello:

18. #38 pantdrix420, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
    yeah same deal. i was younger and got into both bands during a rough part of my life and still continue to listen to them once in a while as a tribute to them for helpin me deal and nostalgia purposes. i also use to like limp bizkit, but refuse to listen to them ever again.

19. Ah, well I'm not that embarrassed...but I love Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson :)

I really like soprano type vocals too, like Utada Hikaru (the girl that sang the Kingdom Hearts theme song) and Ace of Base :D