Musical Advice

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by alcal32, Nov 2, 2009.

1. #1 alcal32, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

2. Plenty of bands. You've only scratched the surface. If you like Pink Floyd, I think your best bet is to check out Classic Rock and Psychedelic Rock, music from the 70's. Your not going to find bands that sound like Pink Floyd though. Pink Floyd is just one of those bands that are their own genre and they cant be touched.

I highly recommend checking out the more popular bands first, as oppose to the more obscure bands that branched out with that Pink Floyd sound. I say this because it will make it easier for you to get use to how this kind of music sounds, since you said you listen to Hip-Hop and Trance music normally.

The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Rush, Yes, Camel might interest you. As for more recent bands, check out Porcupine Tree.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9dnpx1KSJw]YouTube - Porcupine Tree - Trains[/ame]

3. Quicksilver Messenger Service
    Phish
    Ween

4. #4 tharedhead, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    Which Pink Floyd, the Wall era or the early Pink Floyd with Sid? :confused:

I only know early Floyd so..

Soft Machine
    Hawkwind
    Gong
    SF Sorrow by The Pretty Things (same sound engineer as early Floyd)
    If you really want to cause either brain expansion or severe migraine, try Christian Vander's Magma...er, no, forget I said that...:D Most people get Migraine.