music you emotionally cant listen to?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by firewall1, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Well there's music so bad that it makes me cry. So I suppose so. As has been said, ICP is some of this music.

2. 2pac - Dear Mama
    Nas - Dance

both of these songs are difficult for me to listen to cuz they are both about their moms and the struggle theyve had to deal with.. i get teary eyed listening to these songs cuz me and my own mom have been thru alot of tough shit in the past and it just reminds me of how hard it was for her and how shes still struggling

3. Anything by Maritime or The Promise Ring, basically anyhting Davey von Bohlen sings i can't take, reminds me of my best friend who i was very close with and gradually drifted apart, she had a kid now..an you know how the story goes.

4. Christmas shoes.. I don't know who sings it, but it's country and I've never gotten through it without bawling. :smoking:

Day and Night makes me want to gouge out my eyes.

5. Last Train Home is by Lostprophets.

6. wet sand and slow cheetah by rhcp

and nobody knows by slightly stoopid

every time i hear those i cry or an ice cold shiver goes down my spine

7. I'm surprised Dance With The Devil by Immortal isn't on here. That song is fucked up

8. I couldn't listen to the song "I'll be here a while" by 311 for a long time b/c in HS that was me and my best friend of 7 years' song, you know like "we'll always be friends" :rolleyes:

Any song by Frou Frou, another old best friend used to listen to their music all the time and I hated it, plus she turned out to be a back-stabbing bitch sooo...

9. bookworm by margot and the nuclear so-and-so's

idk why, it really reminded me of ex bf, the breakup was pretty bad. and before we started dating, we were really good friends. so I lost a best friend AND a romantic attachment when we split.

couldn't listen to that song or anything else on the album for a good two months

10. Interpol's first album just brings back memories, mixed pleasant and bad ones.

I met an ex-girlfriend through love of that band.

I drove to her house every week stoned at night listening to that band.

So, I dunno, it's kind of like it carries a part of my past.