music when you're high....

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TOOLshed, Feb 26, 2002.

?

music when high?

1. rap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. metal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. raggae

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. classic rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kinda burned out on the classic rock myself. I grew up with that and now it's in the golden oldies. I pull a lot of cd's off of the absmp3 groups in usenet and I like everything from alternative metal to trance hypno. Favorite now is garage rockabilly. But then the music and the mood is always changing. Probably the strangest tunes I ever got was some Japanese garage bands. Actually quite good, could'nt understand the lyrics, but good. Really any genre of music is good when you're high or not high.
    Cept' for that top 40 crap on 106.1

2. i used to be a big jungle nutter and i read a few of you commenting on techno...
    and it made me want to bust out the kenny ken!!
    i have so much jungle on cd/tape it's ridiculous and i just realized i NEVER listen to it anymore, when it used to be THE ONLY thing i listened to.
    i even used to be a hardassed lil girl thinking she was the hot shit and was a promoter for awhile in the SF jungle scene. i always have loved classic rock, but this lil phase i went through ~ hehe~ i look back and giggle at my baseball-cap-n-baggy-pants-wearin-hardcore-biatch phase.
    weird how people change, but nevertheless stay the same at the core! i still love that bouncy jungle with its rolling basslines and 'samplin!
    anyone else out there a nutta!?!
    ooo see now you guys got me thinkin about going to the clubs!!!
    rawr.

3. i love metal no matter what, but anything while high can be good. enya is cool to listen to while screwed up cuz it's very relaxing music. classical is another good style. but like i said, almost anything can have an interesting effect on me while high.

4. the dead still hold true for me high,
    think that sum it up.

5. I like to put on some 311 when I'm high. It's very positive uplifting music. Puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like dancing. I also like "Kid A" from Radiohead. Also check out Spiral Architect, they'll blow your mind.

6. I like to listen to different stuff when I'm partaking of the herb. :smoke: Primarily classic rock, jazz, A Perfect Circle and TOOL. Some rap ... after all, Snoop Dog is pretty smooth.

I really dig TOOL and APC, though. imho TOOL is the best band to come out of the '90s. They have defined their own style. to the point of defining their own genre. To me, they're evolving into something akin of a modern-day Pink Floyd ... simply the music being a complete listening experience. They really do view the the music as an artistic vehicle. Not a whole lot of bands do that nowadays.

Peace.

7. i-heart-techno

8. This is exactly true. I don't like much "current" music anymore, but TOOL and APC are definitely diamonds in the rough. The way you explained their view of music.. Is dead on. They create new sounds, styles, break the mold, and it sounds delicious. I can't stop listening to A Perfect Circle's CD lately I just can't seem to get enough..

9. PINK FLOYD, STEVIE RAY VAUGHN, HENDRIX, THE DOORS, MARLEY, DYLAN, GRATEFUL DEAD

10. Aphex Twin, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, 311, Incubus, Mr Bungle, DJ Screw, Wossness, South Park Mexican, Nine Inch Nails.

Out of those, Aphex Twin is my favorite.

11. I totally understand about APC's CD ("Mer de Noms") ... It's my favorite get-high-to disc. :) That's a CD I can't fully describe to anybody, and just resort to telling people, "You just have to listen to it, man." :smoking:

On another tangent :) ... TOOL at Red Rocks is a must see ... lemme tell ya'. Hell, just about any concert at Red Rocks is pretty cool ... But TOOL absolutely took you places. A couple of bowls ... a couple of beers ... a couple more bowls ... and WHAMMO! :hippie: Also, TOOL on acid is pretty freaky ... especially Undertow. Highly recommended. ;)

Peace.

12. I listen to the instrumental version of Luniz - I got 5 on it, a rather appropriate song too :D

13. woo i haven't done acid in about a year and a half now... and before that like 4 years lol
    tool on acid: sounds very interesting. next time i decide to go down that path i'll have to grab undertow.

update: still can't get enough of a perfect circle.. hoping maynard does something after current tool tour...

anyone else going to tool this time 'round? we're broke, and had to decide: tool or plant? it was hard but we saw tool twice last year and i've never seen plant.

14. prog rock, classical, trance, techno, ambient, chilled dance music, some drum & bass, reggae, other quality classic rock, jazz, early hip hop (and i mean EARLY-no gangsta rap or eminem), and generally anything that isn't manufactured retail pish that gets pumped out to the kids by the bucketload. there's some well cool stuff that's come outta japan in the last 5-10 years too, but i can't seem to get my hands on any.

having a poll with just those 4 options just seems silly. i didn't even want to vote, cause none of the options even remotely represented what i listen to.

15. Music is the greatest thing with weed. Some of the following are great choices:
    Pink Floyd (of course)
    Jimmy Hendrix
    C.C.R.
    System of a Down (for "Spiders")
    Led Zepplin
    Tool
    H.I.M.
    KoRn
    Black Sabbath
    and many others....

16. classic rock of course. I love busting out the vinyl collection and rock out.

17. Anyone here listen to Modest Mouse? Dramamine is the coolest fuckin song to listen to when you're high. I'd suggest everyone go download it and toke up and give it a listen. Anything else by them rocks as well.

18. ive recently busted out the Perfect Circle Mer de noms album and POD fundamental element sof southtown from awhile back. Good shit. Classic rock a lot too.

19. well, i have 4 C.D's that i keep in my stereo... steve miller band, korn, stained, and bob marley. its a 5 disc player incase i want something different so i dont have to remove my faves... but yeah, thats what i listen to when im high.

20. Look,what you need to get is one of those 60 disc changers, so you can just put in a bunch of CDs and never have to get up and change them again! They run for about 200 dollars, not sure in Europe....I guess just convert 200 dollars to euro. These things work wonders when you are high and obviously lazy as all hell. I had the pleasure of purchasing one of these fine machines, the only problem was that it's only 100 watts, so I need some more and/or better speakers