Music When You Are Blitzed

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Sub-zero, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Ok, i am going to make a little list of songs to listen to when you are fucked, and it would be cool for everyone to just post like 1 or 2 songs, or artists that are their favorite to listen to.

Artist- Dave Matthews Band

Song- any Dave Matthews Band song, (I Let You Down is my favorite to take bong loads with.)

2. Well I'm new, and I'm sure that I've seen a few of these threads already, so maybe you should use your search button and find some that have already been posted.

Personally I believe that you will only make a strong connection to the music if you are already interested in it. When I listen to songs on cannabis, I start to hear certain aspects that I never knew were there. I may start to notice different guitar tracks, or the way that the drum beats hang off of the bass lines. Layering becomes very apparent.

One suggestion is to listen to some artists that actually posses talent. (Helpful Tip: Dave Matthews is not talented) You can listen to untalented music and enjoy it, but a true artists will show their colours even more so when you are baked.

Some favourites to escape with are: Tool - Ænima or Lateralus (Undertow is too harsh to listen to on pot), Pearl Jam - Vs, Yield, Binaural or Riot Act, King Crimson - In the Court of King Crimson, Pink Floyd - Saucerful of Secrets or Dark Side of the Moon, Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream and Opeth - Blackwater Park.

Have fun.

3. Malevolent Creaition!!

4. Ouch man, respect c'mon.

PEACE

5. Any song by Sublime, or Tenacious D. Santana's old shit, or Miles Davis, Purple Hayze by Jimmy Hendrix and Whole lotta love by Zepplin.

6. Some of my favorite bands to listen to when I am stoned is alot of Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, at the moment I am very stoned and cant be bothered to name anymore, but I can recommend a few songs,

Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love or Dazed and Confused
    Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the jungle, well basically anything off their "Appetite for Destruction" album

7. Eek-a-mouse, yellowman, easy star all stars, other reggae...future sound of london, mr.Lif, other hip hop, kottonmouth kings, etc....

8. Radiohead - Backdrifts (the best smoking song I've ever come across)
    Radiohead - Life In A Glass House
    Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
    Led Zepplein - Over The Hills And Far Away
    Beta Band - Squares
    Can - Halleluwah (the 18 minute version!!!!!)
    Phish - Theme From The Bottom
    Bardo Pond - Despite The Roar
    Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man

You guys can go ahead and thank me for the great advice. :)ALL these songs are MUST HAVES for smoking! Enjoy.

9. Band of Gypsys by Hendrix

10. Dead Prez
    Tupac
    Swiss Beats
    Genuwine
    Bob Marley
    Elephant Man
    Beanie Man
    Pay As You Go Crew
    Dr Dre
    Ghostface
    Ms Dynamite
    Sean Paul
    Sticky Fingaz
    Nas
    East Connection
    Shy FX

11. Anything that starts with Led and ends in Zeppelin blows my mind. Also the Beatles' later stuff (from when they came back from India) is the bomb (strawberry fields forever, a day in the life, being for the benefit of mr kite, lucy in the sky with diamonds, i am the walrus, etc)... ringo is so underrated IMO.

pink floyd and king crimson are fun too... wooHOO!!! :D

12. the freestyle king - LIL FLIP

13. ICP Blam
    Twizted-Bags

Bags is a Awsome song about weed should definetly dl it.

14. i love anything by dave matthews, bob marley, sublime and phish while stoned.... sometimes i can get into eminem and rap with a good flow when ive got a really energetic buzz goin.
    some really trippy songs are:
    pepper - stone love
    Long Beach Dub Allstars - sensi
    israel vibration - rudeboy shufflin
    311 - amber
    rusted root - drumtrip/extasy
    jack johnson - drink the water
    tom petty - learnin to fly
    Bob dylan - its alright ma (im only bleedin)
    ben harper - alone

15. oops, and how could i have forgotten anything at all by Pink Floyd!!!!

stupid stupid stupid (weed withdrawals lol)

16. Easy star all-stars are the best - especially 'Time' ....... the trippiest most amzing stoner music.

17. Oh i totally agree that Time is the song of the ages.. play along with the solo... i always play it with more soul when i'm high.