Music Studio/Growhouse

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wildfirestudio, Apr 30, 2012.

1. My parents are against bud... but not against music production. So me and a friend decided to build a covert grow room, disguised as a home studio, complete with a vocal booth and a large work bench (the grow room will be inside the work bench). We're building it in my basement.
    Since it is disguised as a studio, my parents aren't suspicious of what we're actually doing.

After a good amount of planning, we started work today on the frame of the bench. We're planning on having the inside of the work bench (the grow room) be completely airtight, with some ventilation ducts providing all the air. If we hook it all up to carbon filters, we're hoping we can eliminate the smell during the flowering stage. If anyone could provide some advice in that area- like how well carbon filters work, other smell "Prevention" methods, that would be great.:D

Continuing on-
    we're planning to have this be a continuous grow. We have enough room for 4 flowering plants as well as separate sections for clones/germination and vegetative stage. We're hoping to harvest every 2-3 months.

We have 2 seedlings about 5 weeks in. We dont know if we'll be finished with the growroom in time to move them in there, if thats the case we have locations for an outdoor grow set up already.

We're planning for just an indoor soil grow for now, with a conversion to hydroponics after we cash out on the first harvest. We still need the lights and all the ventilation equipment, but its getting there.

I have a few pictures of what we have so far, but im too lazy to go through the whole process of uploading them. I'll post them all next time :smoke:

Peace-
    Wildfire

2. Living at someone's house and not having them on board is recipe for disaster.
    Good luck.

3. Good idea. But are you indeed going to be recording and shit? Just curious. I have my own little studio in the middle of nowhere. I definitely don't plan on growing here, but it's a cool spot to jam and record.

4. Thats what i've heard. But at the same time, I think that it will work, my parents never go down in the basement. And we're gonna take every measure of protection against smell that we possibly can.

5. Yeah, I'm really into music production. I will definitely be using it for that too.

6. Great plan, but a terrible idea. Growing somewhere with other not knowing about it (especially parents) is wrong and shows zero respect for your parents. You are putting he cart before the horse....first you move out and get you own place, then you grow pot.