Music NOT to listen to when you're stoned

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr Skinner, Dec 11, 2003.

1. wow, what a great thread. I'm going to have to go with the new metallica, in fact I can't listen to metallica at all when I'm stoned, except for the S&M cd's

2. Never listen to The Doors excessively when you are stoned. You'll start doing crazy shit.

3. dude this is bullshit, springsteen is great when your high or sober, try a song like backstreets or Because The Night. I am usually somewhat a fan or rap/hip-hop but I can't stand it when I'm high. I like mellow stuff, nothing very upbeat. I love blues or jazz. it you want to go crazy go download Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians or Bombat.

4. banana phone , lol

5. I can't stand country, or heavy metal/screaming music when im high, but i can't really stand them when im not high either. When i'm blazed, i want either something chilled, happy, or trippy.

6. C'mon, never heard Of One Blood?

7. that would be One by Metallica

its a great song believe me, skip over the first minute and ur fine :p

8. NEVER EVER listen to Death in vegas - Dirge ... it trips you out SO bad .. if you listen to it the whole way through its just killer.. it made me fall out of my stoner tree .. i just started like .. flying ..then i leant back and weee

9. any pop,punk,hip hop,preppy shit,dont listin to "car wash" by cristina agulera and missy eliot(sp?)

10. where is my mind- pixies..........that ooooo shit at the end is so scary...........

11. pop,polka,any rock,metal,country and spanish music fucks up my high bad,lol

i just love listenin' to any rap mostly bone thugs and cypress hill:hippie:

12. any music that i would normally listen to is good when i'm high, esp bass heavy songs, i love the shekey feeling :)

13. heh, I made this trippy song one time. And I thought it was gonna be all good. But the song was pure evil. Its the only way to describe that song haha, and i don't like listening to my favorite 'sober' songs when im high.

14. I don't mind rap stoned if it's funny or at least good...but I don't listen to it generally. Anything with good bass work works good. Just don't listen to heavy metal stoned...it's so loud its kind of a buzzkiller, but depends on your high. Loudest I'd go would be Old metallica or ac/dc if I was in a party mood. Stuff like Soad is just too intense stoned. Good stuff, though.

15. anything on muchmusic or mtv.. high or sober, doesn't make a difference, it all sucks hardcore ballsack

16. i used to really get into smoking out, and listening to different kinds of music that i dont normally hear, just to check it out and get into different things...

probably my LEAST favorite was new country...not old country, old country is kick ass. people always lump all country together but to me its apples and oranges. but NEW country...ugh. like, whats with these "country stars" wearing freakin skin tight designer clothes and make up? and thats the guys!! if you really just sit back and listen to it you can just hear the slickness...so predictable and 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 formulas.

i liked alan jackson's stuff though. he's a recent artist but his style reflects on the old stuff. i remember hearing "midnight in montgomery" the first time high, and that song is pretty sad/eerie. its about hank williams too.

17. i hate the music i normally listen to when im stoned. Harcore pisses me off, im all about floyd beetles and some soft rock like code 7.

18. i cant listen to like screaming death metal, not my thing, a bunch of people wearing makeup screaming isnt music to me

19. haha, yeah I get that exact same feeling, anything with a door sounding noise a glass breaking anything like that just freaks me out.

Anyways, I don't like things that aren't written by the band, it always sounds fake and like it isn't being done like it was intended too.

I also have this weird thing where if I can't here the bass in a rock song that has a bass I usually get pissed as hell I don't know why.