MUSIC n ATTITUDE

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by FunkeeNuggz514, May 29, 2009.

1. Alright, maybe I am just high, but HazyyXO's thread about girls n hip hop got me thinking whether or not music affects the way you dress and act.

I am 26, and just recently, like 6 months ago, just started fading out of the hip hop collection and started getting more into rock. I have been listening to hip hop since I was 14 or 15 and I think today's hip hop artists are killing themselves. Don't get me wrong, I listen to some, like Yo Gotti, Devin, Del, and Nas to name a few but got away from the 'pop' culture rap and all the shit that talks about killing and all this shit they supposedly have. Yo Gotti is about as gangsta I get. Any rap I can sit back and puff to I like. Well, before I switched my preference of music, I always wore Sean John and Enyce but now I would rather wear Ralph Lauren and Lacoste. There is this brand called 'Seedless' that has cool clothes but I have switched it up. I am more laidback and not as quick to fly off the handle and I am enjoying life more.

My question is does music affect our style of clothes and the way we think....or am I just bored n high? LOL

Anyone's comments are welcome as long as you don't act like a dumbfuck!! Thanks blades!!

2. well i listen exclusively to rock and a little dnb/dance/techno sometimes, but i wear ecko shirts which are predominantly rap orientated right?

i dont think it dictates entirely but there is a certain influence for sure.

3. Well where I'm from, it definitely plays a role on style/fashion-sense...particularly in guys. ex: ( jordan's, [even though I own one pair], baggy clothes and fitteds) That too is just a phase, I'm almost positive. But to each his own....

now, mentality wise, the rap genre affects only those who want to "live the lifestyle" these artists portray. i find it ridiculous that a person cant think for themselves and immediately rely on an artist to make their choices. I dnt know if this makes sense to anyone but its how I feel.

ps- nice thread

4. I don't think it is that people cannot think for themselves as much as it is they see the clothes in the rap videos and then they think "that shirt is tight" and then they see it online and order it up. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of 'hustlers' around here trying to live like Jeezy. LOL It just isn't going to happen here in a dying blue collar town that is dependent on Chrysler n GM. I never liked the bright colors and Coogi shit, but around here, a bunch of people wears 'urban' wear instead of just what is comfortable. I am starting to level out now, but I think mine has a lil bit to do with growing up also. I wear baggy jeans....I can't do those tight straight legged jeans, but don't bust a sag wearing down past my ass. Thanks for your opinion.

5. well in most cases the answer is yeah. especially with hip-hop. its not just a music form its an entire culture. it effects the way people think, dress, act, what cares they drive, there love perferences, there drug preferences and everything else. it kind of gives u that "fuck the world" attitude.