Music Man John Petrucci Majesty 2019 Reveal

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Deleted member 638051, Jan 18, 2019.

1. My son works at Ernie Ball. I know a lot of people think Ernie Ball only makes strings.
    They have the Music Man brand of guitars and doodads. The newest in their "Majesty" line has just been revealed. John Petrucci is the artist they contracted with.

My sons department does the bodies. They get the wood from the mill room and put it through the various stages of sanding, filling, finishing....
    My son leads the crew, training new guys, keeping work flowing, putting out fires, and he does all the staining and finish on the body. If you can see the vids well enough, the guard in the center of the Majesty's body (the dark stripes) is an expensive exotic wood slab that has to be inlaid. Gotta get it right the first time.
    Other departments lay in the hardware, finish the neck and frets, then they have a couple guys who string and tune guitars all day.
    And he usually gets to meet the artists when they tour the facility.

I myself only blow a set of harmonicas. I'm not really a musician. I just thought this might be interesting to guitar players. It interests me from the craftsmanship POV.