Music is boring now

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by The Crunge, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Listen to shit outside of reggae, the dead, and phish.

2. [quote name='"Demiurge"']Listen to shit outside of reggae, the dead, and phish.[/quote]

too bad I don't listen to any of that...

3. Dude your in luck, because I am an expert. This is my credentials: I deliver pizza's meaning I listen to music my whole shift at work. I am a music lover so I take advantage of this. I buy tons of cds, because I burn through a cd so quickly. I'll listen to the cd 50 times front to back in a few days.

The key to not get bored with music...keep listening to new music and genre's

Sometimes I get in a rut and i'm not finding some new stuff that touches me and then there are times where I want to buy 20 news cds. Listen to entire albums. I find new music mostly by listening to what my favorite musicians are listening to. Recently I discovered some new hip hop artists on a top 30 underground hip hop albums of all time. I knew the list was good because it had some many of my favorite artist, but there were a few I didn't know. I check out some songs on youtube and bought the albums that were the best. You should never get bored with music if you love it. My love for music has become so vast that I surprise myself with the way I open my boundaries to listen to things I never thought I would enjoy.

4. Same thing happened to me Crunge.
    My songs all seemed to blur together and I could find nothing I wanted to listen to.
    Try going to a music store and looking through CD's in genres you enjoy.
    Or try listening to live performances, sometimes they can bring new emotion to the songs songs you thought you knew.

I dont know what kind of music you dislike, but sometimes it pays to give it a chance.
    I used to despise most hiphop and rap, then I listened to it one day and realized there's a lot of performers that can change your view.

It's just getting out there and finding it.
    The internet is the greatest tool in discovering new music.
    Try finding local bands; a lot of the indie scene is lame as fuck but it's possible to find some decent talent.
    I mean, the whole "90s g thug shit" could work.
    I've been listening to RiFF RAFF a lot recently and it's making me appreciate when the Battle of Evermore by Zeppelin starts playing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gRH-hPS9I]RiFF RAFF - JOSE CANSECO - (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Listen to this guy for a week and you'll appreciate all your tunes again.

5. Yeh listen to Nas-Illmatic, GZA-Liquid Swords, Wu Tang- 36 Chambers, Mobb Deep- The Infamous, Jay Z-Reasonable Doubt, Biggie- Ready to Die, Raekwon- Only built..., Big L- Lifestyles..., Tupac- Me Against the World, Dr Dre- The Chronic, Snoop Sogg- Doggystyle. Or atleast some of them.

6. LISTEN!!!
    BREAK AWAY FROM ROUTINE
    FREE YOUR MIND BODY AND SOUL
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpQl20awUg&feature=relmfu]EzDig Self Conscious - YouTube[/ame]

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Oo2zzwQCg]Frank Zappa - Apostrophe (') (Full Album) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

8. Typically I learn about new bands from my friends who for the most part have the same taste in music as me, but sometimes I use other tools to find new bands whom I may not be familiar with, such as music map.

Music-Map - The tourist map of music

If you type the name of a band into it, it'll give you a sundry of bands and plot them according to their relation to the indicated band. It's not always exact with how it thinks you think and what qualities of music that you find particularly interesting, but if you work with it you'll be able to get a better idea about how to use it.

Also, keep an open mind about other genres. There is so much incredible music that has been created in all of recorded human history that has taken place before the last century.

This opera piece is absolutely beautiful, I get teary when I watch it high sometimes, it's so emotionally powerful.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RdJmqLrsbo]Nessun Dorma - Placido Domingo - YouTube[/ame]

Also, Bach.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhRa3REdozw[/ame]

And, I'll go back to modern, cause this is cool as shit; guitar and drummer duet.

El Ten Eleven - My Only Swerving - YouTube!

9. 270 songs? Is this what happens when you only listen to the radio?? 21 gig of music 4 me and thats only hip hop n rap atm

edit: see you talkin bout a playlist, yea idk i get bored of playlists from time to time too, but i just listen to a diff one, i separate all mine my artist

10. Well I have a Bach boner now.

11. I think you just need to cast a wider net, here. 270 songs isn't a lot. That's like 20 albums. Try Spotify or something, and start one of the radio stations based on a band you like. And take notes. It won't take long to find something new that you haven't played to death already.

12. Listen to the radio.

What you are describing happens to me all the time, so many I lost count. You get sick of it because you hear it so much, and it ruins the song for you.

Listen to ones you used to listen to a long time ago, or just ones you never heard before...

13. #33 didier12, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    One of the best albums of all time. This album never gets old for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3eW0uRAP-Y]The Incredible String Band - The Mad Hatter's Song - YouTube[/ame]

14. I've fixed my problem. I'm playing music that I WANT to listen to instead of music that just happens to be playing. Plus I'm listening to full albums.

15. Try to research lists, like "Top 100 Albums of the 2000s" or "Top 500 Albums of All Time" ...it's fun to discover new songs and albums

16. [quote name='"Bluntzilla420"']Try to research lists, like "Top 100 Albums of the 2000s" or "Top 500 Albums of All Time" ...it's fun to discover new songs and albums[/quote]

but I don't listen to new music...

17. "new" music can be music made 50 years ago, but you never heard it

18. I'm talking about music after 1980 :p

19. music now is kinda all the same

20. hmm sucks to be you