Music is always playing in my head..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Loner Stoners, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure but i think that its affecting my thinking. it definitely affects me in college classes, a lot of the time i feel kind of spaced out and just kind of listen to the music, usually its a catchy song or something that is stuck in my head. problem is, i hear it almost all of the time. there's been one song that has been stuck in my head for like two years.

Anyways, is anyone else like this or just me?
    also, HOW THE FUCK do i fix it? lol

2. Dude.... I get that.... but not to that extent.... haha

3. Ill often have songs running through my mind when im in the shower or about to go to sleep.

Music trips me out. Its everywhere.

4. I have the same, Breathe by Pink Floyd is in my head as i type lol.

5. Schizophrenia

6. id also like to know what song u been hearing for 2 years

i hear music but its usually the song i was just listening to and only when i try to hear it

7. its only when there's white noise like a fan or something
    i hear usually its shredding guitar licks

like jerry garcia in my head

8. I read musicophilia by Oliver Sacks and he talks about people having this issue along with other music phenomenon. I suggest it.
    [​IMG]

9. Hey at least it's not creepy voices talking to you. I'm sure most schizo's would find this a blessing.

10. i have the same problem.....a girl called me a walking ipod....music all the time...luckily i love music and play it

11. [quote name='"artic"']Schizophrenia[/quote]

Lol he said music, not voices..

12. Learn to meditate, it can help you clear random popup thoughts/music in your mind.

13. you could kill yourself to fix the problem

but i wouldnt recommend that :)

14. Why is this such a problem? I find having a song in my head improves my mood greatly. I can't use my iPod at work since I have to help people while I stock shelves so I just keep a song in my head to mouth the words to... makes the day go quicker :)

15. i hear music all the time too but it's not a song it's something my head made up ya know

16. Yeah
    This
    I always hear like a chill beat or something
    especially when I'm high
    I think that's why everytime I'm high I'm always drumming on something silently :smoke:

17. I have that same problem and its usually the last song I heard, no matter what music is always playing in my head

18. too much ;)

19. yeah or i'll just think of leads to go over the song or something.. i also try to figure out how to play songs in my head if i don't have guitar.. i never get it all right but i get some of it