music in the shitter

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by creepingdeath, Mar 1, 2005.

1. music has gone to hell altogether. i wish i was in my prime in the late 70's to mid 80's. thats where it was at.the days of rock and roll. now its either pussy so called rock bands, or rap. its insane how popular rap is, even with white people. black music used to be cool when they actually played instruments, and they were into rock, jazz, and blues. in conclusion, everyone used to have good music, and now no one does.

2. I couldnt agree more, i dont have a problem with rap but I cannot stand the "rock bands" that are around today, just emo bullshit. Hopefully music is in an "in between" period right now, and something decent will start soon idk

3. thats because all the american charts are shite, not too really toot my own horn or anything but take a look at the diversity over hire loads of diffrent stuff

4. I used to think the same thing. Then I opened my mind...

There is always good new music.. In fact, I'd actually say in the last few years music has gotten considerably better. My opinion is that the digital age of music has arrisen, and thus everyone is exposed to more music... For the cost of... nothing...

The MTV era is over.

5. ^pretty much what i wanna say.

if you think all of todays music sux, then you need to turn off ur MTV, FUSE, and VH1 or whatever it is ur music from and LOOK for good music. go to clubs, shows and raves. ur just not lookin hard enough.

6. Well I'd say you're up shit creek if you're looking to the mainstream for potentially interesting music. The music I get down to has yet to disappoint in recent years, though it is considerably harder to find. Not just good, but great music is out there. Just gotta know what you wanna hear and where to find it.

7. the point i was trying to make is that music i consider pretty good used to be mainstream.

8. Who cares if good music is mainstream or not? There is good music out there. MTV is gay, as are most modern rock radio stations. I wouldn't want those commercialized shitty mediums to be playing the music I like. It is the opposite of everything that these good bands represent: the music itself, rather than making money. Serf the net to find your bands, that's how I find mine. Pick up the Mars Volta's new album, Frances the Mute. In my opinion, they are the greatest band of our generation. There are also awesome bands like Dredg, Muse, Dream Theater, amongst others out there, you just need to find them.