Music for their ears!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by chinlin, Oct 14, 2011.

1. As and buddy tried or heard about playing music for the plants to help them grow happy? If so any results? Good/bad? I'm pretty sure it's an old wise tale but I guess it couldn't hurt. Stay tuned! No pun intended!

2. [quote name='"chinlin"']As and buddy tried or heard about playing music for the plants to help them grow happy? If so any results? Good/bad? I'm pretty sure it's an old wise tale but I guess it couldn't hurt. Stay tuned! No pun intended![/quote]

Oops, has*

3. lol, yes it helps.
    install some decent speakers(computer system from radio shack $40..) needs bass
    the earth naturally vibrates and produce many different sounds.
    song is a good way to help that, artificially.
    they say not to use rock music or loud sharp music as the plants dont like it.
    they prefer classical....
    i go with techno... WOLFGANG GARTERS - 5th Symphony hahahahahahaha its a good middle ground.

4. To be honest, you probably won't see a difference. There have been studies, but nothing has come out with anything substantial.

If you want to grow your plant bigger and faster, look into electro shock therapy. The guy that grew the world record sized perennial or something, did it by using his electric shock system. I forget the logistics, but he grew a plant something like 120 feet when they usually only grow less than a foot long.

5. Right on! Making my way over to the music shop now!

6. LOL at "old wise tale". They really should merge the advanced section into the beginner's.