Music for plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by psycicmind, Jul 14, 2013.

1. So I've been doing some research and I've run into an interesting bit of information.

Did you know that plants can react to music?

http://www.dovesong.com/positive_music/plant_experiments.asp
    http://www.smilinggardener.com/plants/music-and-plants
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_effects_of_music_on_plants

I hope people do more research on this.  But what do you guys think? Have any of you tried it?

Apparently according to the Dorothy Retallack  and TC Singh studies, plants like "classical Indian" music the best:
    ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BisNtJj7zw

I'd do an experiment in my garden, but I don't have a control group so they'd just be listening to music.

I just found it fascinating. 

2. yes I sit in my garden with a guitar and sing to my plants. I have written songs for them about them. They love it. :)

3. #3 Keeper of Time, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

Awh I was hoping to see you make a study of it. I remember Myth Busters doing this experiment but I don't remember what they concluded.

4. #4 psycicmind, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013

Well they concluded that Black Sabbath was good, but because their results are far different than all the other studies I question its accuracy. Especially when they mentioned there "may" have been sabotage. 

http://www.nme.com/news/black-sabbath/69893

sabotage is mentioned in the 2nd to last paragraph

5. Its bullshit.

But anything that keep you working on your plants, and good music does help us work better, is good for your grow.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.  Open your mind to new ideas.  Think of the music as energy positive or negative, having an effect on those around it.

7. Three words.....

Central Nervous System.

8. Besides cannabis has been around longer then Homosapien....so how did it get its positive vibes pre-human?

Ohh yeah that's right.....just like religion, "vibes" are a totally human phenomena. And just as hookey IMNSHO.

9. Not necessarily, plant's don't need a CNS to react to the world around them.  For example, they can "sense or feel" the wind and so when you put a fan next to a plant the stems grow thicker.  
    Or stretching because of lack of light etc. 

10. Stems don't grow stronger cause they sense the wind.....WTF? Did you even take Bio in H.S. ?

They grow stronger cause there is pressure that causes the plant to either reinforce the structure with more cellulose(stem), or break.

Does your body get become fit/healthy simply by sitting in the lobby of a gym? No ..it needs to be built up using weights to exert pressure on your body so it reinforces the structure(muscle & bone).

11. So if you play songs your plant likes it'll grow danker? :smoking:

12. i remember on my first grow, I was 15. I put my sprout next to my stereo and blasted some reggae thinking it would make it grow like mad over night lol

13. u gotta be kidding me...plants like music, lol ..the things people think :rolleyes:

14. #14 psycicmind, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013

thats what I was trying to say.  I've just been saying that it would make for an interesting experiment.

I'm actually doing a grow right now without music. Its looking pretty good.  But on my next grow I can try it with music if enough people would be interested in the results. 
    I have pics for each day and I will be growing the same strain with the same nutes & soil.

15. No thats not what you were trying to say..or you would have.

Of course your next grow will be better.....you're still new & learning.

The music will have no consequence, except to make you feel better.

No offense man, but this has been hashed out in this very forum multiple times. Music only makes the grower feel better

Shit the proof is in your links....

Hippie chick thinks Donovan grows better grass, dude from India seems to believe it is Sitar music that hthey like.....and the two tattooed hosts from Mythbusyers seem to believe it is heavy metal....

hmm....so what about their results? Was it just luck? I never said it was 100% true, but I was smoking some good dank when I read it so I guess it seemed more interesting...
    Why would the plants be leaning toward the radio? Isn't that kinda weird? Maybe they exaggerated it, and yes they didn't exactly describe it better than "leaning towards/away from the radio etc.  But oh well.  If I do experiment with that I'll let you know what the results are.

17. Mine like icp...I put face paint on em and water em with faygo

• Like Like x 1
  18. I let my plants listen to Marley, then I let them smoke blunts of there mothers to stout them up. I always heard the vibration from the music itself is what was causing induced growth, this is all hearsay though no scientific fact.

19. that sounds hip man.