music and relationships

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by absoulo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Is music a big deal in relationships?

Do we really need to like the same music or does this not really matter?
    Personally, I haven't had a gf that liked the same music genre as me, they always like country and pop... And I like rap and hip hop.

2. #2 The Crunge, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    Depends on how musically inclined you are.

3. i think it makes a bit of a difference, i like randomly finding out that me and my girl like the same song.

Example: i play a song and shes like, "omg i love this song! used to listen to it all the time."

I like that shit.

4. I love music a lot. So music is big, but that's the part I like. Creating a connection over a simple song.

5. My boyfriend and I are very musically inclined. We don't listen to all the same things, but he introduced me to Post-rock, which I can say I find pretty interesting. And I introduced him to Trip-hop. Which he absolutely loves now.

I love it when we can smoke and vibe to our favorite songs, the bond just seems so much greater.

It is definitely not required, and depends on each of your personal interests as well. Though, it's always nice to introduce your significant other to some new genre of music. Whether they like it or not, at least you showed them what interests you.

6. To me, it doesn't matter. I'm a person that's open to all kinds of music (except county and pop/mainstream radio ...sorry doesn't do it for me). That being said, it does matter to me that person is also open-minded and can accept the music I like.

7. Exactly. U had read my mind. I have friends who hate my music and aren't open minded. Hate that, but what can ya do..

8. Sums it up for me as well. I'll tolerate country music and that shit if she likes it, but I won't enjoy it.

9. as long as they like music i don't care which kind because i love everything from radio pop to country

10. Some people just despise the n word and b word. Almost like how I despise the slang and twang of country..

11. makes a HUGE difference for me :)

12. It's defiantly matters to me.

13. It's a deal breaker if she doesn't like the same music I do. I've come to the conclusion that the end of my last relationship was the result (amongst many other things) of a change in taste of music, on her part.

She started getting into bluegrass. I hate bluegrass, I think it's all the basically the same. The problem was she knew a bunch of local bluegrass bands, and would go to a lot of their shows. She started hanging out with that crowd more. We broke up. She's currently living with the drummer of a bluegrass band, six months after the split...

14. Doesn't make the slightest difference to me. If she's into what I like though, it's a nice bonus.

Once went out with a girl who kept sending me cheesy R'n'B/pop songs, saying ''OMG this reminds me of you'' and cheesy shit like that, she did not last long.

15. Depends how important music is to you.. also, you two dont have to LOVE each others music but you can maybe like it enough to listen to it sometimes. But with my guy, I love his music, classic rock, and we listen to music all the time together, so if I didnt like it, it would be kind of a problem lol

16. Hahaha I'm sorry man this just seems so funny...

"She started gettin into that bluegrass...rolling with the wrong crowd"

17. For real man! Those people are..... crusty.

18. I liked watching Blood Hound Gang Bad Touch because of how silly they dance and act and it always helped get rid of my horrible anxiety and my ex criticized me for it because they're talking about sex the whole time but i just liked the dancing and facial expressions of Jimmy Pop!

Love that dude!

19. If you dont like the same music its not going to kill your relationship but I do love it when girls share the same music taste. If I put on something that she likes it means that we can both just chill to the same tunes that I do. But thats the same with lots of things- like does she smoke weed, does she like football (yet to experience this one) or other sports your into... If you share enough interests then youll be absolutely fine and music is just one of them.

20. Big deal for me. I cant stand when folks refuse to listen to any music.