Music advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by narcoleptic696, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Does anyone have any music advice for someone looking to get into Pink Floyd, Tom Waits, Boards of Canada, or Granddaddy? Advice such as albums that are their best, songs to listen to, etc. I have everything by those people courtesy of a friend who is very good at getting an insanely complete discography.

2. Wait so your friend gave you their music and you hated it your saying? If you don't like music then you don't like it usually. Maybe try getting really stoned and listening to it, that might help you realize the things about the music that make it amazing.

3. I didn't hate it at all I just don't know where to start. It's a lot of music. This is the opposite of saying I hate the music, I'm saying I want to get into it. I'm just sort of putting this out there hoping someone is a fan of any of those and will give me a little advice.

4. Dark side of the moon, by Pink Floyd.

Other than that, just put your music on Shuffle :)

5. When I get a full discography, I usually listen to it in order. I like to discover it the same way I would have if I got into them in the beginning. Lets you learn how they changed and grew as a band over time.

6. Very true.

I'd start with DSOTM though, it's a classic. And it spent the longest time on the Top Hundred than any other album in history. For a damn good reason.

Edit:

www.pandora.com can help you find more music you will like.