Mushrooms

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by greendiamond9, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Wow nice haul usually just see a few in one place

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nice! good job

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you We had been finding small patches and then we found ourselves surrounded by them.
    The picture is my half of them.

4. Do you plan to dry and jar them?

5. No just cook them and eat them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ya bro uve gotta b just north of me cause if ur finding greys and no yellows. Im gonna go tomm and take a walk. Boy theyre dam good to eat fried and crispy. Eat to many every year and when i do i cpuld shit threw a screen door..lol they can give ya gut rot but boy r they fun to find and eat. I got almost a plastic walmart bag full last yr of those big yellows.. Good times.. Ash and elm trees is where u wil find em by me. Nice score dude

7. The yellows should start popping up but it's supposed to be in the low 30s tonight and rainy the next few days so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Same here. I no that if it rains itll make em pop as long as its at least in 50's. Also a tip i found out is to not puc the sbrooms if its raining on them. Once wet they become very fragile. I did learn the hard way and went and found a mess of em but once i got back to car i had a bag full crums.. From walkn in woods all day u no how it is u wil trip or bang on saplings. So ya i learned the hard way. Shroom hunting is like a tradition ive done every spring since 8-9 yrs old. Love it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice haul for sure! We never have the edible kind growing around here sadly, but if those were growing in my apartment yard I would harvest and put them on a killer pizza.

• Like Like x 1
  10. post some cooked up :)
    bonus points if you include some infuse oil :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Won't you save some for a tea or something?

12. This is an old thread but a tea made with morel mushrooms would be pointless. They're very tasty fried though

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not any... higher effects then?

14. Morel mushrooms wont get you high. Wrong kind of mushroom. Were not allowed to discuss the other type on grass city. I hunt morels every spring, they're just for food

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks, budd!