mushrooms in my plant?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by redrider18, Apr 14, 2010.

1. i walked into my closet the other day and there was a mushroom, about three inches long growing in the dirt i carefuly removed the lil fucker and dug out the mold...(roots for the shroom?) what now?!

2. i had some random shrooms pop up in one of my closet grows i just plucked em and kept on truckin, they didnt seem to do any harm but maybe someone with more knowlege on various fungi can chime in

3. Pity they werent the magic type then you would have had a double whammy grow, lol, hehehe!!!!!!!!

4. Key to this imo do you use a mulch layer I have seen this a few times when people use mulch because of wetting the mulch/soil, Also have seen it with no mulch, I guess its the nutrients so they just pop up are the small almost like a half open umbrella

5. My dad puts sand on top of allllll his grows. It allows for everything you would normally do but prevents the bugs and mold.

6. This is actually not a bad idea, as I've read that most soil-bugs that you will commonly find in MJ do not like sand.

And did you happen to rip up some soil from outside, and use it to grow your plant?

7. its a mulchy soil i got at a gardening shop