Mushrooms growing from drainage hole

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Theurbangrower, Aug 8, 2011.

  1. I opened myu grow room door this morining and say two nice size mushrooms comming from bottom of one of my plants just from the drainage hole though no up top on the soil bed should i pull them leave them are they harmfull anyone know what this is from or could be
  2. pull them, just try not to get spores everywhere. they should not hurt anything.
  3. i pulled the two major ones i saw one other plant seems to have a little bit of a issue as well i used some serinade to c if that would do any thing seemed to start killing them off as well i noticed on some potters full of soil from a few cut plants litttle bits of mold in the soil any way to prevent this from happenind all throughout the room... wuld a sulfur burner help at all
  4. Poisonous. Do not eat.
  5. Lol I was kidding
  6. thanks for the hellp
  7. I would say get the empty pots out of there as they will only spread the mushrooms more. There are a couple of ways you can go about eliminating this. The first way is to remove all sign of the mushrooms and spores (even the tiniest speck) from the soil. Depending on how big the pot is, you may want to just remove the top couple of inches of soil, and replace it with new STERILE soil. One thing that mushrooms and fungus need is dampness. Make sure that your plants are not sitting with damp soil for long, and let the surface of the soil dry out before watering again.
    Once you have removed the soil containing the fungus, etc. and replaced it with new sterile soil, spray the plant and soil with a mixture of 5-10 garlic cloves with a pint of water, blended and strained. You may also add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to this mixture and then spray as a preventative. Spray every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks.

    your best bet is to scrape them out and replace the soil and just keep up on it, and clean out the room after the cycle and try to keep it free of spores next time:)
  8. The mushrooms indicate 2 things. One, you're probably keeping your plants too wet and two, you have a healthy soil with good microbe activity going on.

    This is a good thing, just back off with the water some.

    Don't eat them.

  9. he is right, they will not hurt anything aside from looks.

Share This Page