Mushrooms are Health Food!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Medicine Al, Jul 1, 2008.

1. I knew it! Apparently, these things are better than we thought!

And now Johns Hopkins University agrees.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_sc/sci_psychedelic_study_2

An exerpt from the article:

"Fourteen months after taking the drug, 64 percent of the volunteers said they still felt at least a moderate increase in well-being or life satisfaction, in terms of things like feeling more creative, self-confident, flexible and optimistic. And 61 percent reported at least a moderate behavior change in what they considered positive ways. That second question didn't ask for details, but elsewhere the questionnaire answers indicated lasting gains in traits like being more sensitive, tolerant, loving and compassionate."

We knew it. Now they know it. Why is this illegal?

Stupidity and fear.

Legalize!

2. I've always believed that there was use for psilocybin as an anti-depressant or maybe psychoactive therapy. Plus they contain vitamins and fiber.

Fuckin scary aint it Al, agreeing again, lol.

3. Mushrooms make me very agreeable!

This story was just put up on the AP, lets see how long it takes before some new government study comes out to say that they'll make you sterile and grow manboobs.

But yea, this is a scary crossing of the stars on GC...what's next, we're gonna be shroomin' and singin' round the campfire?

Sounds good actually. :smoke:

4. I think mushrooms could definitely have the opposite effect on some people, too. I think mushrooms have something to do with my anxiety problems, along with E and coke.

5. I was thinking more along the lines of a really tipsy sounding chorus of Another Brick in the Wall pt 2...

We don't need no education...
    We don't need no thought control...

6. Never ever ever in all the times (litterally 100's) i've done shrooms have i ever had a bad trip. Bad trips on shrooms happen when mixing the wrong drugs with them.

7. I didn't mean a bad trip, just more anxiety in the days, weeks, and even months after doing the drugs.

8. Look up Psychedelic Science on Youtube or Google Video. More scientists are looking at psychedelic drugs for different types of treatment. It's an interesting watch.

9. i agree 100%

10. True. Or if they have certain molds, that can make you sick, you can mistake that for a bad trip, so its important to get well dried specimens.

Can you imagine having a job at Johns Hopkins U., doing reasearch on shroomers? You would have to be smiling so big on the way to work...and then you could bring home a little "homework" and stick it in your closet.

I should have stayed in college.

11. "Experts emphasize that people should not try psilocybin on their own because it could be harmful. Even in the controlled setting of the laboratory, nearly a third of participants felt significant fear under the effects of the drug. Without proper supervision, someone could be harmed, researchers said."

i have a feeling thats an extremely exaturated truth

12. Over the course of my 20 or so mushroom trips, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some remnent of fear.

Was it because of the effects or the bad trip? No.

It was that damn dog that followed me the whole time.

13. No, its possible about 1/3 of people not agreeing with the reactions they had, lots of people are incompatible with most any kind of drugs.

I've heard from a lot of people trying pot that they felt shitty from it, so they don't do it anymore. Not everyones metabolism is the same. Not everyones cerebrums are wired the same.

Some folks don't trip well, they're too uptight to let go, so they kind of rip their brain fabric.

But the majority is finding long term benefits. A year after they tripped. :D

Bring us the fungus!

14. ive always liked shrooms from what ive read and have been planning to shroom for too long now. my boy should be getting an ounce soon, hopefully this friday.

the newly found positive benefits(by governments of course) of illegal substances is probqably making people shit themeselves. "those damn stoners were right!"

15. Once you get the feel for shrooms after a few trips, the fear goes away, in my opinion.

I always loved the fact that psilocybin makes you feel refreshed, and like a new person the next day, instead of hung over, which is very surprising for how good you feel while on them.

16. Cause when someone does 3gs of mushrooms and goes behind the wheel they are going to die(or have a 99% chance of dying). I'm not saying people that take mushrooms are irresponsible but there will always be people who eat them and do stupid things.

17. that happenes alot when the user is in a questionable state of mind, mabey the user will feel uncertain about taking the drugs, like, should i really doing this? what would my parents think? this isnt me..
    various episodes like that, that doesnt have to do with the use of the drugs, but about certain similar emotions felt about the situation of using the drugs

18. How does that carry over into weeks and even months? I could see that causing a bad trip but not causing longer term anxiety.

19. haha my roommate was telling me about that article this morning. . .

shrooms are great, i love how amazing my trips are and that i dont really feel like i ever "want" to take them, its always a choice.

yeah i always feel a little anxiety about tripping but thats usually on the comeup. . and it goes away as soon as the boomers kick in.

same as stoned budda, i havent ever had a bad trip. . .
    i dont think i could as set and setting are things i always take care of before ingesting.

QFT, way better than being all e-tarded like the day after rolling.

shroom on!