Mushrooms and marathons - they dont mix well!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Headies123, Oct 28, 2008.

1. sunday i ran the marine corps marathon in dc. it was my first marathon and i loved every moment of it. after the race i felt pretty good, sore but not especially exhausted. monday i was hanging out with a good friend and we decided to do some shrooms...

First off, i never should have ignored what my body was telling me, i was super tired and trying to just keep going. The trip started pretty smooth, grand theft auto took on a whole new dimension and the ceiling was badass! after about an hour i crawled into my favorite chair and colapsed. i tripped balls for about 6 hours, never leaving my chair, mostly because i was too tired and really tripped out. i dont remember much, people coming and going, time was going way to fast for me to comprehend. I went upstairs to try to sleep it off, mostly just wanting to be alone with my thoughts. i came back down about two hours later in a horrible mood, and my trip went south pretty quick. i was mostly just feeling confused, i didnt know what was going on and i was still cheesing really hard.

once everyone left and my roomates went to sleep, the world cleared and i felt awesome! euphoria and bliss are the only ways i can describe it. Trees and lights and the patterns in the gravel on the road all combined to make for a wonderfull next 4 or five hours. i walked around my neigborhood, rode my bike down some big hills (really fun!), and climbed a telephone poll to steal a little metal number 7.

I finally started to come down about 14 hours after taking the shrooms. I'm thoroughly drained and im looking forward to sleeping all day.

i learned a valuable lesson last night, listen to your body! if its telling you it needs rest then fucking rest. When you reach that point where you're so tired your mind snaps its too late, especially when mushrooms are involved.

2. 14 hours? were they super shroooms? how many did you take? god ive never had a trip last more then 4-5 hours tops

3. you eat enough mushrooms, you'll trip for 14 hours..
    but the super shrooms did make me lol

4. i know. the most ive done in 1 sitting was 1 small cap over an 8th and i was only goin for like 5 hours. if you downed like 1/2o i can see 14 hours. i dont care enough about shrroms to know the body break down of them but i would think you'd either "hit the glass ceiling" or just go nuts at that point. i know someone whos in the state hospital for an extreme acid expierence.

a kid that brought 15 hits of acid for him and his friends to a concert and he didnt know that LSD can be absorbed through the ziploc bag into his skin (had them in shoe aperently the heel or something).

5. i took almost an eighth. im pretty sure the combination of lack of sleep, lack of food, and being physically depleted made it really intense and last forever. Ive never tripped so hard for so long before, quite an experience.

Another factor was that i was on the last 8th out of a O bag and most of it was crumbs and shroom dust. i think the shroom dust might have done it because tiny little particles have a ton of surface area = more absorbtion of the psilocybin.

6. and yeah, they were really good mushrooms haha

7. If I eat too many shrooms and I'm tired like that they put me to sleep. But then again it's not really a sleep either it's almost like a subconscious reality with munchkin men and om pa loom pas.

It happened to me twice this summer, but both times it was my second day in a row tripping.

8. There's about 300 magic mushrooms, and they all vary in potency
    Im sure some will make u trip that long

9. If you are food deprived, it might be possible that you could trip harder?

Kinda like an empty stomach and alcohol= drunk after 2 shots haha

Im drunbk so excuse me if this makes no sense.

10. He probably wasent still tripping really after 14 hours, just stuck awake. Ive had mushrooms that lasted for around 8-12 hours