Mushroom Question

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by seemoney, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Hey all. Trying shrooms for the first time in a couple weeks (pretty excited :)). I told my friend to buy me an extra 10 grams for future use. But then I went on the net and tried to find info on how to store them, and I didn't find much info other than that you can't really store them for too long (they go bad...mould..etc.).

My friend told me I could just freeze them though, and they could be eaten a few months down the road and they would still be good, but with what and read on the net and the actual lack of info i could find, I'm a little skeptical now.

Can anyone give me some info on this? Can i actually freeze them, or should i just be buying shrooms only when i plan on eating them? Is trying to store shrooms a bad idea? Any info will be appreciated. I definately don't want to risk eating bad mushrooms. Thanks guys.

2. Ive never stored them for long before but my friends brother has. Just put them in a ziplock, push there air out, and leave them in the back of your freezer :cool:

3. Not sure about shrooms, but many vegetable's cell walls get destroyed when frozen meaning that they turn to mush when they defrost, if you are storing 10g of shrooms make sure that this won't happen to them.