Mushroom hunting?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by piffcity09, Sep 26, 2009.

1. How easy is it to find mushrooms out in the wild? Where do I look? And what time of year is the best if any?

2. No, no, and no. Mushroom hunting in the wild, is very dangerous, and could be fatal. Id suggest not to do it, however if you choose to still try it. Goto the Shroomery they will be able to help you out alot more then we will over here.

3. Ok man, and by fatal do you mean that I could find the wrong mushroom and eat it and die?

4. by fatal he means you could get a tic while searching for mushrooms in the WILD

5. yeah he actually means you could get the wrong mushrooms eat em and die

6. Yes, by fatal I mean. There are many look a likes out there, and you may think this shroom is that one, but its not. You dry it out, eat it and boom your in the hospital with all sorts of fuckedupness. If, you are truely wanting to do it. Do research on what shrooms are local to your area, get a method of doing a spore print, hell id suggest on not even doing it. But, still goto Shroomery - Magic Mushrooms (Shrooms) Demystified

7. ah its not that dangerous, i used to go find mushrooms and dry and eat them all the time. never found anything trip-like, but didnt get sick.

8. Seee, do not listen to kids like this. It can be very dangerous if done wrong, and you pick the wrong thing. Look, here are a few websites, you should check out.

Edible and Poisonous Mushrooms

Poisonous Mushrooms

Mushroom poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

POISONOUS AND HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOMS

the Puffball, Poisonous Mushrooms

9. #9 maleadapted, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    what's with the poisonous puffball page? they are good edibles. easily mistaken for young agarics i guess. i found with most mushrooms that a lot of the dangerous stuff is metabolized out when you dry them. they're are really like 20 of the millions of species that will flat out end your life. most of them just make you sick. i've never even gotten sick. the chances of just coming across some potent caps is pretty rare, you really need to know what to look for. depending on where your region is usually. like i live in minnesota and we have the climate to grow most kinds of mushrooms, but they grow for small periods of time you need to know when and where to get them or you won't

10. Forgive the harshness of the next sentence: Do they not teach people that eating wild mushrooms can kill you? I thought that was common knowledge.

If you really want to trip, grow your own. The Shroomery has a wealth of info devoted to growing. And they can ID for you as well. Don't take the chance....

11. Yeah man i know was just making sure. Shrooms are readily available to me I just thought it would be kinda cool going out and looking for them.

12. During August we got a lot of rain. Naturally there were mushrooms everywhere. I thought it was so cool to see so many mushrooms, I've never seen that many in my yard before.

I'm just looking out for your safety. It is not worth your life. :)

13. Ok man thank you!

14. before you even think about shroom hunting, i advise you to read and study several books/videos/literature on the subject. having someone else that knows something about it helps alot, and id anything you find at the shroomery.