Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mushroom exposure

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 419_GotAMinute, Jan 24, 2007.

1. So I've heard that if you handle enough mushrooms you will trip out. i.e. bagging up a pound. I've also heard that if you inhale too many spores you can trip out. My question is, if I have the shroomies bagged up in 1/8ths and in a plastic gladware container (about an oz. of them), would they cause anything to happen outside of the gladware container i.e. trip out. My concern is because he doesnt smoke or do anything and he was acting slightly trippy and he kept complaining about feeling weird. Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.

2. ive been doing mushies for about 6 years now, i also sold a lot back in the day and i used to bag up 5-10 lbs at a time and no one (mom/friends who helped) has ever tripped from inhaling spores or handling them. so in my 'opinion' your friend is safe. i would just go ahead and tell him to try some so hes not worried about it. he might have some fun.
    hope this helps .

3. addition: if u handle the mushrooms (pounds and pounds) and then put ur hands in ur mouth/on food/ whatever, it is possible to get some sort of trip that way. but im talking like pounds and pounds where u have spores and shit on ur fingers like cheetos cheese that u have to scrape off. know what i mean. again, this is my opinion. hope it helps.

4. You should be fine. I think your confusing shrooms with acid.

5. You have one awesome mom.
    Am I the only one that noticed that?

6. Spores don't make you high. They contain no psilocybin. I had a friend who grew 'em. It is because they can't make you high that you can order them.

Also those shrooms were harvested too late. Good shrooms still have a partial veil (i.e. they look like an old fashioned globe streetlight and no spores get on you unless you rip the veil).

7. the answer is no just. just no.

8. haha thanks man. im sure shed apprieciate that . ya shes been really helpful little hippy :)

9. Actually there isnt really a specific time to harvest since each mushroom has relatively the same psilocybin/mushroomflesh concentration throughout its entire life. Harvesting before the veil breaks is not very smart at all from a dealing perspective. The mushroom usually almost doubles in size after the veil breaks which would add a lot more weight to the harvest.