Muscle twitching, sleep starts and almost total insomnia for over a week after taking?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Eric Peterson, Nov 4, 2018.

1. I have been an occasional user for over a year. I would use a few days or weeks in a row then stop for a month or two .At first I found weed to be great for sleep .I would use once and have baby like sleep for the next week or so , with no ill effects whatwhatsoever. Then a few months back I started getting heart palpitations 2-3 days after using which lasts up to a week , so I stopped using for a few months .

Now most recently I had a bout of insomnia and one night after having not slept for like 48 hours I decided to vape a lot of weed and knock myself out, palpitations be damned . The result was surprising and scared me a lot: I was completed unable to sleep that night and the following night. I have rapid heartbeat, involuntury muscle twitches (short bursts of twitching not spasms) that occurs every few minutes all over my body and which gets worse when I'm trying to sleep , resulting in me getting jolted awake repeatedly dozens or hundreds of times a night just as I began to nod off, and so I was completely unable to fall asleep. Then after 2 days I was able to get a little sleep (4hours) by drowning myself in alcohol .
    But the twitching and pounding heart just goes on and on , worse at night ,and pretty much every other night I cannot get any sleep at all because of the twitches/sleep starts, alcohol or not. I also tried taking melatonin and benadryl to no avail. During the day I feel brainless like a zombie walking , but surprisingly not all that sleepy. I hardly ever yawn. naps would be impossible. I took some (70 mg ) CBD but it either had no effect or exacerbated the problems, I'm not sure which . This has been going on for 10 days now since my last use . I'm really getting scared. Does anyone have similar experiences with cannabis use/withdrawl? Am I experiencing normal (if severe) cannabis withdrawal symptoms or is my brain seriously fucked up potentially by something else ? It doesn't help that when I Google 'insomnia', pretty much the first thing that pops up is a neurodegenerative disease called 'FFI'/'sFI' which marches all of my symptoms LoL

Please help .Thanks all.

2. Stop weeding and see your doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Its either cannabis induced psychosis or underlying issue. You know man, no doctor is going to make you better... well maybe, but it will be one that tells you to take the time to chill out, sit down, and meditate. It sounds like you are getting scared and that's something you need to question, and it takes time to answer those questions.
    Here's a three minute video for you.
    I've smoked cannabis for over 30 years. I have scared myself God knows lol especially vulnerable when playing with oils and extracts, but I have come across some strains that don't agree with me. I ride it out, and next time I visit that strain, I just smoke a teeny amount.
    Listen to the vid bud.

4. Right now Im feeling more like being constantly on stimulatants (large dose caffeine) than psychotic. I read somewhere THC can be a stimulant at higher doses .and also THC withdrawal symptoms include rapid heart rate , muscle twitching ,fever ,sweating and of course insomnia, lasting weeks sometimes. Are those real? Anyone experienced the more extreme symptoms like twitching and fever? I'd be a lot less worried if all I have is only weed withdrawal