Muscle Relaxer Question

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by T0tallyDan, Nov 20, 2009.

1. They relax your muscles right? Your Sphincter(SP?) is a muscle. When you take muscle relaxers what keeps you from shitting yourself.

2. they dont make it so you dont have control over your body. Well some do but they cause temp paralysis. Muscle relaxants just make it so your muscles dont spasm/contract.

3. I know it doesn't effect your shitting.

This is really a wild guess but maybe it only effects voluntary muscle systems?

4. i bet if you took enough you could lose control of the good ole "o" ring

5. Thats what i mean, pop like 30 and see what happens.

6. Ha, yea probably. But then if you take enough of anything the end result could be shitting yourself. :)

7. end result???? you mean that isn't the desired effect???

8. Nah man, I wanna be high all day. Not shitting myself. Laxatives are used for that haha.

9. OH SHIT DUDE! My hearts a muscle, right? I hope it doesn't start getting lazy on me...

10. [quote name='bdubs360']OH SHIT DUDE! My hearts a muscle, right? I hope it doesn't start getting lazy on me...[/QUOTE

That's why I was thinking it only involves voluntary muscles. Does anyone know if muscle relaxers depress the CNS? I would like to know :)

11. #11 High I'm Chris, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    I'll only speak for carisoprodol (soma) and yes it is a CNS depressant. If I'm correct most, if not all, are CNS depressants.

12. Woah man, if you work out on some muscle relaxers, I bet you get way better gains; you're trying to work out while your muscles are just relaxing! Mwuahaha.

Alright I'm done

13. Haha
    Muscle ReLaxative

14. #14 xaviere, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    If you remember from HS biology:

There are 3 types of muscle: skeletal, smooth, and cardiac.

Skeletal: muscles that allow movement. under voluntary control.

Smooth: muscles that line organs, such as the intestines; in this example, smooth muscle propels food along the digestive tract (that movement is called peristalsis). Not under voluntary control.

Cardiac: heart muscle. Has special properties (striated, situated in perpendicular array).

Muscle relaxants such as cyclobenezprine (Flexeril) affect skeletal muscle only. And I'm too lazy to corroborate this, but I'm pretty sure the previous poster is correct in that muscle relaxants pretty much stop spasms, but you don't lose muscle tone completely. It relaxes away the spasms, it doesn't make you fall over (although you get pretty tired on the stuff).

EDIT: So your skeletal muscle moves your body around. But your ass hole (I separated the words for emphasis a la Achewood) is mostly made of smooth muscle, which is not affected by the muscle relaxant.

So you don't shit yourself because the drug doesn't affect ass sphincter muscles and because the drug isn't that strong.

15. Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it :)

16. It actually does affect your shitting. Many people with constipation and digestive problems are prescribed cyclobenzaprines to help smooth things along.

17. oh yeah.....

18. Can you link me to any info. I would appreciate it sir.

19. This is why I asked, after I took a few, I noticed that I went alot more than usual. Thanks for clearing everything up guys.

20. thanks for sharing