Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Munchies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kn_Villain, Mar 12, 2017.

1. I'm a light user, and every time I get high, I don't necessarily get hungry, but whatever food choices my friend suggests sounds really good, and even though I'm not that hungry, I end up eating a stupid amount of food. Is this what munchies really is? I thought that munchies is that you get really hungry when you're high.

Not a serious question, just wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yup sounds like the munchies. I find it helps to only have healthyish snacks with just a small amount of junk for damage control.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sometimes I do the same. I see some candy and I just can't help myself. Not always though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. I gained 15 lbs when I began smoking again. The fridge is always empty!

5. I feel you most of the time I don't feel that hungry but once I start eating I can't stop. I usually try not to eat for as long as I can after smoking because I feel like it kills my high

6. Well, at least I'm not alone. Because everyone around me tells me they are starving, and I'm not. And yeah I think when I'm high I eat 2x as much food as I normally do..

7. I smoked a little bit ago and promptly ate a teriyaki flavored sausage stick thing and a Hershey's cookies and cream bar. I wasn't necessarily hungry, but they just sounded really good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. Munchies is more so you start eating or drinking something, and it spirals out of control to where you consume so much your guts about to burst.

I may start off with a helping of hamburger helper and a glass of water, but I'll end up with a massive 2nd helping, finish off with a big bag of skittles, and 2 Arizona Teas. Having a 3rd helping and a small bag of chips shortly after.

If I'm correct, I believe weed shuts down the chemical in your brain that regulates being satiated so you just continue eating if you don't control yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is correct the weed bits bind to the receptors that regulate the "full" feeling and block them therefore you never want to stop eating until you physically feel like you are about to burst

10. Lol yep that's the munchies alright. Drink water and chew gum if u wanna calm them down a bit

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum