Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Munchies, Where art thou?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Romulux, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #1 Romulux, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    You know what's really weird? The other day, me and my good friend smoked weed all damn day. We both had the day off of work and just blazed it sunrise to sunset. okay, that's not the weird part...But that entire day all i ate was one of those totinos frozen pizzas. And that I just forced down right before i went to bed that night because I was freaking out about I hadn't eaten a thing in well over 24 hrs.
    Does weed ever suppress anyone else's appetite?
    And how does that happen?

Edit: Oh yeah, and the reason I remembered to ask about this today was cuz i just threw out a bowl of ramen because after I smelled it high it almost made me sick.
    Seriously, WTF?

2. How long have you been blazing? What strain were you smoking? How were you smoking? These factors all play a part to a certain extent, but as far as I know, the whole munchies thing tends to disappear over time (much like the giggles). I don't really get the munchies anymore, it's just that food tastes so fucking good when I'm high!

I know that different strains are supposed to induce munchies at different intensities, ranging from nil to Ethiopian-style hungry.

In my personal experience, I also found that my desire to eat is greater after smoking, when compared with vaping.

3. Not long, on and off the past year and a half.
    I'm not sure my dealer doesn't know shit about it.
    i got a metal pipe
    Whoa, are you serious? That sucks, I kinda miss laughin at every single thing i saw...
    yeah, i finally made some ramen. it was delicious as suck but my stomach felt like it was gunna explode... i havnt eaten in like 8 hrs.
    Never hit a vape before

4. Sometimes I completely forget food exists, so I can go for ages without thinking about it. That's only when I'm mega stoned though.

5. Man, it ain't all bad! I mean the uncontrollable giggles that newbies tend to get, not that you suddenly turn all serious and shit. Don't get me wrong, I've been smoking for 10 years, and the most I laugh is still when I'm high haha.

Man, just wait it out, it could be something completely unrelated to bud causing you not to be hungry? Possibly...

If it keeps happening, try a different strain (don't have to know what it is, just that it is different!).

6. Oh alright cool I thought you were sayin that shit like that just stops happening permanently that's a relief haha
    Yeah that's all true I'll see what I can do about it, thanks, comet