Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Munchies Leaving Me?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FLIGHT6, Dec 30, 2008.

1. I used to get the munchies crazy bad.
    I'd eat and eat!!
    This was for about a year of smokin almost daily.

Now all of a sudden, I don't get the munchies anymore.

Is this normal?
    Has this happened to anyone else here??

2. There is no 'normal' really. Cannabis effects everyone differently. Did you switch the strain you're smoking? Some strains stimulate appetite more than others.

3. I wish I could shake the munchies, I almost want to take a tolerance break just to lose weght. I'm not McDonalds obese or anything, just too fat for my liking. OSG is correct though, it depends on the strain. Indica strains in general tend to make me have heavier munchies. I honestly wish I could get control of them in general, it's the only downfall to my friend Mary. :(

4. Since summer, the only time I get the munchies after I smoke is if I start eating something, and then because I'm high it tastes sooooo good that I get the munchies.

But when I'm high and I don't eat something, I don't get the munchies. I could be sitting at a table packed with Taco Bell, donuts, candy, what the fuck ever, and as long as I don't eat any I can just sit there and look at it and be happy.

I don't like eating much after I get high anyways, it makes me feel lazy

5. welcome to the otherside.. the one with out munchies or empty bags

6. yep pretty much my thoughts exactly. i dont get munchies anymore at all its more like i smoke an eighth and have the ability to eat a real meal

7. i always seem to get munchies when my high comes down.

8. the more i smoke the less munchies i have..i dont get the munchies ever anymore...prolly bc you dont get as high as u used to...

i need the munchies tho man...i take adderall now for add and its made me lose 30lbs! and i was in shape before, not im skinny lol...eat eat eat

9. I would LOVE to get munchies again....so much fun.

10. #10 dirtybongwater, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
    For me it's bag to bag. Sometimes I may not get the munchies for 5 months; then get a bag that makes me eat everything in the pantry and whatever else I can get my hands on.

It's the same with paranoia for me as well. I kid my friends sometimes telling them I bought a bag of paranoia instead of weed. ;)

11. Same, once I start I can't stop.

12. You made this thread as if not getting the munchies is terrible.

I no longer get the munchies except for on rare occasions, and I love that it doesn't happen as often :)

13. lucky you! i hate the munchies, if im just sitting around i cant really enjoy the high as much bc the hunger pains annoy the shit out of me unless i get really distracted by somthin. plus eating a meal or more kills part of the high for me so i try to stick to small snacks and juices