Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Munchies coming and going?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Evil Thing, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. When I first started smoking the munchies would hit me like a truck every time I smoke, I'd go through groceries I had bought for the next two weeks in two days. Then, after I had been smoking for awhile, it was like weed was giving me the opposite effect. It would make me not very hungry at all, to the point where I lost some considerable weight over winter break. Now when I smoke I get the munchies again. Any idea why they're coming and going like this? I would say different strains but I've been smoking the same 4 strains for the past 2-3 weeks.

2. The munchies hits me like a truck too. I wish they weren't so hard to ignore.

3. I used to waste all my weed money on munchies, then i managed that if i take a chew gum after eating something (not much, just some snack) i feel sated, and dont need any food supplies for a hour or two

4. +1 on the gum.
    I just mainy destroys a case of bottled water in no time regardless lol

5. I like the munchies cause i am type 2 diabetic. When the weed lowers my blood sugar too low, I start scarfing on anything and everything. Sometimes it just keeps my level in check throughout a thanksgiving dinner (and dessert!). Food tastes amazing with the munchies. No complaints here. I love the munchies. It's a benefit of cannabis.
    I exercise too. I hope you keep your weight under control. Good luck!

6. But any ideas as to why they would come and go in such a sudden and violent manner?

7. Nope, just smoke that shit!

Try smoking weed 1 hour to 30 minutes before you cook a meal? Then you can be high, cook & eat a few helpings of tasty hamburger helper, then smoke a lil' mo.

Consciously delay eating. I more so don't get hungry, I just take that first bite and it spirals into me mindlessly eating.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Munchies are pretty erratic with myself too. Like yesterday I was 100% fine to fast all day only eating to take medication, whereas I have had sessions where I've eaten anything and everything. I don't mind, I'm still either losing weight or maintaining because it varies like that.