Mum found my pipe. Need some help.

Discussion in 'General' started by PilkyHigh, Jan 13, 2010.

1. So I'm living with my parents still and I'm out of town at the moment. I recently ordered a pipe from here at GC thinking it'd be packaged descretely. Well this evening I get a txt from my mum saying that a stone pipe had arrived for me, and asked what on earth it was all about. I get a little freaked out because I'm not prepared to admit to her or my dad that I smoke just yet, as I'm unsure as to how they'd react.

I sent some message back saying that it was a collectable pipe I'd seen online that looked cool. I mean I'd say she's gonna see right through that, but it was something.

She found a home made tin foil pipe of mine I'd scrapped together urgently one day, but I made some bullshit story with that too. She never questioned me again about it so I presume she believed me and forgot about it, but she's gonna be suspicious now that a real pipe has arrived.

She's told me that she smoked pot as a teen (To what extent I don't know), but that looking back, it wasn't something she was proud of and according to her "Today's stuff is much more potent and harmful" than the stuff she had. She also has a friend whose son turned from a top-of-the-class student, to a Marijuana 'addict' and all he does is sit around and stuff and his life, according to my mum, is ruined because of it. I don't believe for one minute that Marijuana is the cause for the way his life has turned out, but my mum's quite easily influenced I'd say. I mean she's very intelligent and can make decisions for herself, but she, like millions of others, has just blindling gone along with this propoganda promoting the 'harm' of Marijuana.

Anyway I'm not sure what she's gonna say when I get back, but I thought I'd best come on here to get some advice just incase. The first thing I'd do is show her 'The Union', but are there any other good sites, or links to convinving studies that disprove the myths of Marijuana? Any cool facts you guys have that would help convince her?

Sorry this was so long, it didn't need to be, just felt like getting it all out. Thanks.

2. sorry about your mom bro but, it was bound to happen someday, atleast now you can get it off your chest and stop hiding. the way it worked for me when i was coming out of the closet to my parents.. (about weed) i just sat my mom down because i have a better connection with her then my dad, and i told her "ma i smoke weed.. i dont care if you like the fact or not. i find it being very helpfull to my body, it relaxes me after a long day, it makes me sleep like a baby.

you see that ^^ i used everything that i know my mom needs in her life just to sway her my way.. after having a lengthy but easy going speech with my mom. i started telling her how the government have been lying to us with all the propaganda and what not.. then i told her they are actually going to legalize it soon because they fear we are catching up to their game... little did you know that marijuana was going to be decriminalized and slapped on the newspaper. so she read it one day and realized i was telling the truth... in a way lol and since then ive been peacfully smoking weed.... lolol my dad is yet to find out though.. idk he is way too tricky for my mind games. im still thinking about how am i going to do it.. my mom told me not to tell my dad cause he will flip but, shes cool :)

3. Yeah thanks man. I suppose if I do enough research I can put up a convincing argument. I mean, it should be pretty easy since she doesn't know the first thing about it. But it'll still be hard I reckon because she's had that mindset that it's bad for her whole life.

4. sorry man about her finding that...

im thinking this is gonna be kinda hard to explain..
    BUT.. you do have her doing it before on your side...
    theres a video online about an hour or so long (someone may know what im talking about and post it up for me, i dont feel like searching sorry, its there though)
    id say sit and just go over the FACTS. compare it to alcohol and the bad effects of that.
    dude, alcohol can kill. over intoxication. weed doesnt kill ya like that haha

i think its time to just give the info to her... unless youre pretty sure its gonna go bad and get you kicked out, then i wouldnt try to debate it.

i know with my mom if i still lived at home and got caught.. it would be terrible for me. but thats just becaue i know she would not appreciate it at all. i just thought your mom might be a little more understanding since she knows a little what its all about.

look at michael phelps... he was such a terrible pot head wasnt he?? (not really. pretty awesome guy for smokin a little ganja ;) )

5. Thnaks for replying. Yeah I'll definitely go over all the facts and compare it to alcohol and tobacco, but I'm thinking that still won't swing her round. Like I'd say she'll end up agreeing with me that it's not as bad as alcohol and tobacco, but still won't approve of me doing it. We'll see. I'm confident that within a few months of her getting used to the idea I smoke and seeing me continuing to live a happy, healthy life, and with me bombarding her with all these facts, she'll come round. It's just her initial reaction I'm concered about.

Oh and do you reckon you could give me a bit more info on that video? I can understand you not being fucked to go and search it (I get that all the time...probably all that HORRIBLE Marijuana), but it'd just be cool to have as much info as pos.

6. You cant blame a mother for worrying!

7. Who said I was blaming her? I can completely understand her concern for me doing it if it's something she's been brought up to believe is bad. Just need to find a way to change those thought processes.

8. [quote name='PilkyHigh']Who said I was blaming her? I can completely understand her concern for me doing it if it's something she's been brought up to believe is bad. Just need to find a way to change those thought processes.[/QUOTE

EASY..... to people the object of smoking is always going to be bad.. so just use the alternative. give her some food with weed in it.. and purposly get her stoned so she can open her eyes and relalize for her self....... lol jk thats such a bad idea or is it :rolleyes:

9. that sounds like a good idea to me