Multiple tons of weed seized.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by vXiRiSHXv, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mexico is becoming one of the world's largest producers of weed. Fortunately, 34,000 pounds is a small drop in the bucket of overall procduction, but the guy or guys expecting to turn it into cash are probably mad as hell!

2. They didn't comment on the quality at all lol. It could have all been dirt weed and we would never know.

3. Howard Marks (Mr. Nice) claims that, back in the late 1970s, there were 28 tons of cannabis consumed in the U.S. every day. Hard to believe, but seeing the amounts he and others moved back then, maybe he was right...

4. If these numbers are close to accurate and we use today's present US population of
    312,625,891 and just for grins and giggles cut that number in half roughly dropping out those underaged to consume weed legally (hahahaha)..leaves 156,312,945.5 adults to consume .0025 pounds a week per individual! My question is, ARE YOU DOING YOUR PART TO DRIVE THIS NUMBER UP!?!?!?! :bongin:

5. They make multi-ton busts between the border each week so I doubt this will effect much.

6. Since my weed is the finest quality and doesn't come from mexico, it will not effect me at all. But for anyone who likes dirt weed, looks like you may be paying another 30 cents a gram. How shocking.

7. Trust me, that tunnel weeds not meant for California; It most likely enters threw California and gets spit out into the east coast area. Saw the story on the news a week ago. Said they found 2 tons on the U.S. Border side and 15 more on the Mexican side. DEA is trying to say that dispensary's buy from Mexico, not saying an extremely select few might, but brick weed has the same value as dirt in California.

8. well, it had to have been really smelly... the article does say a California Highway Patrol officer was overwhelmed by the smell :smoke:

9. While the DEA was taking the pot the heroin and cocaine and meth was driving by and waiving. The Mexicans plan it that way so they can get the real dope in

10. [quote name='"Marapa"']Howard Marks (Mr. Nice) claims that, back in the late 1970s, there were 28 tons of cannabis consumed in the U.S. every day. Hard to believe, but seeing the amounts he and others moved back then, maybe he was right...[/quote]

That would equate to every American smoking less then a gram each day. Seems unlikely, maybe 60-70% of people have tried marijuana, 20-30% smoke daily... That'd be a lot