Multiple Plants Per Pot

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by trikfinite, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hi y'all.

A quick question: Can you put more than one plant in each pot with good results? I am thinking about running the whole mammoth-sized 200-gallon smartpots dealio next year. Has anyone run their set-up this way? I was thinking about 3plants per 200gal. smartpot. Any feedback will be appreciated :)

2. I have nothing to offer in the way of experience based advice, but I'd love to see some pictures if/when you get it up and running!

Seems like plenty of soil volume per plant. I bet it would work.

You're talking outdoor, right?

3. Same with bed planting, why wouldn't it work? 3 plants per 200gal still gives each plant 66.666666 gal of soil to use. yep, show us how it go's.

4. Yes this would be for an outdoor application. Would really like to hear from someone who has tried this. I foggily recall there being some concern of the roots not playing nice with other plants, and that they could "strangle" the other root systems. Inside I don't feel like this would happen. And I will definitely try it next season unless someone knows for sure it is a bad idea!

5. The thing is, outdoors in the full sun, with a 200 gallon pot of organic soil one plant would be sufficient and would fill in the same space that 3 plants would. You would end up with a five pound plant. I honestly don't believe that you'd need three plants - unless this was for variety.

J