Multiple closet grows

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BurnabyBud, Oct 23, 2009.

1. So i will be moving out of my parents place, which means i have to rent. so i want to keep this grow relatively stealthy. I was thinking to use a few closets in the place i will be renting. Say, one closet for veg and one for flower. probably do as many plants as possible, i was thinking 600W HPS for the flower, and some T5 floros for the veg. how many 5 foot tall plants would i be able to fit in a space that's 8x3 feet? i would also think that heating/ventilation would be an issue that im not sure how to solve. would C02 be needed in a growing space that small and crowded?

2. Great Idea about the 2 closets, but I think a 600w hps will be way too hard to keep cool in such a small space. You would need a huge fan which will take away the stealthyness by making tons of noise.

I've been hearing good things about the UFO LED lights. I've personally seen a tomato plant test with the UFO and a 400w hps and the plant grown under leds has closer nodes, more fruit sites, and 50% more growth. These lights don't use much power (90w) and produce next to no heat. The only drawback is the price, They will make your wallet about 500 dollars lighter per unit.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think t5 lights come in 24 inch which is what you would need for a closet. Look at some of the high output CFL bulbs or even a 150 watt hps.

I hope I helped, and good luck with your grow! :wave:

Bongjointpipe:smoke:

3. T5's do come in 2 foot lengths, as well as 4 foot. I also wouldn't grow a 5 foot plant. C02 wouldn't be needed, but it would help, spending time with the plants (and exhaling, which consists of a lot of C02) would help.

4. i have been researching those LED's and i haven't been hearing many good things. would it be possible to somehow run a computer case liquid cooling system over the HPS ballast and light? cause i know those run pretty quietly.