Multi Strain Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sourdiesel123, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Equipment:

4x4x7 lighthouse hydro tent
    600 watt mh/hps light
    Tek T5 2ft 2 dual bulb 55watt light
    440 cfm inline fan
    carbon filter
    humidifier
    6 inch fan possible another oscillating fan
    1 gallon smart pots for start then 5 gallon smart pots
    distilled water
    Fox farm light warrior soil for seedlings
    Fox farm Ocean forest after transplant
    Fox Farm trio nutes
    Botanicare Calmag

Strains:
    All Fem
    2 GHS Ams
    1 HSO Og kush
    1 GHS auto sweet mango
    1 HSO pineapple skunk
    possibly 1 royal queen seeds special queen #1

All seeds germinated got four 1gal in smart pots in light warrior under t5 light

light watering every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs and misting have had them on 18/6 for a day but am going to do 24/0

here few pics of setup http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1187241-my-current-setup.html

2. Raise the fan and carbon filter from floor put another humidifier in to keep tent around 50% humidity till I get speed control the fan is sucking out to much air to fast I think. The seeds have been in the soil for little over 2 days now and none have sprouted. Im starting to get worried that they might not sprout or be dead. They all were germ before put into pots. I don't think I overwatered them I water a little at a time bout every couple hrs or so to keep soil little moist might be the fox farm light warrior I don't know.

Attached Files:

3. 2 out of the six have broke soil OG kush and auto sweet mango hopefully the rest break in the next couple days. have got the climate down pretty good now I think about 70 degrees with RH 60-65% had to use speed controller to get this up cause my 440cfm fan was sucking it all out way too fast. I have fan set on 50% power but I could probably drop it a little more to get my humidity up to 70 but for now im gonna leave it. Have been lightly watering and misting. The T5 light is about 6 inches away from seedlings.

Attached Files:

4. not sure if this is from overwatering or underwatering hope its ok guess will see in the next few days

Attached Files:

5. The seedling looks good, so far. I grew out HSO's OG, yum.

6. looks like 2 other might be sprouting special queen #1 and 1 of the ams I started germing a blue dream and northern lights x skunk just incase they didn't sprout. will probably water tomorrow

Attached Files:

7. Looking good, just give them time and if nothing after a week or so then I might worry. I like to soak my seeds in water for 24 hrs then placed in wet paper towel until seed pops then into soil. It works every time.

8. the both ams still have seed casing on them might take off with tweezer in a couple days if they don't come off.

Attached Files:

9. Is it ok to run my 600 watt mh on my seedlings at about 3 or 4 feet away? I think this would be better than my 54 watt t5 lighting.

10. Yea it's not an issue some people don't even own cfl or florescent lights. HID's all the way.

11. How are they looking have them under a 600 watt mh at about 30 or so inches with canopy temp of 79-80 degrees and rh ranging in 55-60+. Theres one that looks like there are dark green spots on its leaves and another in blue cup tip looks like its getting whitish yellow any ideas of what this could be?

Attached Files:

12. Are you watering it? Remember they only need like 1/4 cup of water every 7 days or so. Also, some strains have a bright green leaf color like that. I know Pinneapple Express does.

13. here is closer pics of it these are 1 week old and are pretty small I believe they are stunted.

Attached Files:

14. Are you giving them nutes? They kinda look over fertilized. In case you don't know they don't need fertilizer till the little round leaves fall off, or until they're 2nd or 3rd node and even then like at 1/4 strength. I'm growing blue dream too really nice strain to grow, I'm subbed in

15. Nope there just in fox farms light warrior it might be due to overwatering and low drainage in cup just gonna wait till there complete dry to water again

16. That sounds like a good idea...im sure they'll pull through these little plants are a lot stronger than they look..

17. #17 sourdiesel123, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    update first pic is one day old seedling super cheese put in 50/50 light warrior and ocean forest with perlite at bottom
    second pic is a 18 day old og kush seedling growing very slow to me water
    third pic is auto sweet mango 18 days old seedling
    fourth and fifth pic are of pineapple skunk 16 days old transplanted into 5gal smart pot with fox farm ocean forest and perlite at bottom

any have any ideas of why my seedlings are all growing slow. I think it might be somewhat from cooler soil temps checked temp other day lights out and it was 62 degrees another thing I think it might be is from lack of nutes and the light warrior soil.

Attached Files:

18. I dunno, I know people use 100% LW and they have good results keeping their sprouts in it for about 2 weeks. I had 4 of mine in 100% LW and only 2 look halfway decent and alll 4 are stunted. It could be bad soil, bad water, bad aeration, I dunno man. If your temps are 72-80 and RH is 40%-70%, then you should be ok with good lighting.

19. 1st 2 pics are ams at 19 days
    2nd pic is auto sweet mango 22 days
    3rd pic is blue dream 16 days
    4th pic is northern lights x skunk 18 days
    5th pic is og kush 22 days
    6th pic is pineapple skunk 20 days
    7th pic is special queen 20 days
    8th pic is supercheese 5 days
    last pic is a current supercheese taken today what should I do to help support it and keep it standing straight up?

Attached Files: