mulinux, pot, creativity, Pot Geek....

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Pot Geek, Mar 17, 2004.

1. stir, and this is what you get.

This is bound to be a long and rambling story, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Basically you're going on a journey though my head. :)

I had made a muLinux Rescue floppy to remove partions that wern't removeable with fdisk for Windows. I looked at the floppy just a few minutes ago (when I arrived home). It way laying on my bed, with no label, just orange in color. Suddenly I thought to myself, "hey, I could pop this floppy in and maybe boot up the PC without having to go through all of the installions and stuff," then I remembered something and I kind of sang the answer to mysef. I then thought about how things would be just a little stranger if life were a musical. And then I wanted to figure out a way to transcribe that musical idea I came up with into something transmittable over the Internet. I figued that out too... but that's another story.

Attached Files:

2. Wow, was I ever stoned last night! Heh.

Interestingly enough, though, I woke up this morning with that tune in my head. Heh... weird!

Basically what I was trying to say is that life would be more interesting or, perhaps, more strange if it were more like a musical. And, aparently, when I'm stoned, life is more like a musical, if my mini-musical-creation is any indication. :D

3. yeah that would be trippy..Id like to break out as if I were on stage sometimes..song an ddance! the whole kit and kaboodle!:D

4. I wish I knew how to read sheet music :(

5. i busted out my old trumpet and played that...

...dont become a composer

6. I pretended to play it on an air trumpet. But then I remembered that I dont know how to play a trumpet. so I was just going to hum it, but then i remembered I couldnt read music. damn.
    :smoking:

7. lol, pretty harsh...... but truer words have never been spoken lol :D j/k, but seriously, maybe trumpet just isn't the right way to lead the musical journey into the world of the A: drive?

but back on topic, I wish I had a theme song sometimes, like the one Peter has on Family Guy that one ep. ...... I could see it adding some spice to my life :smoking:

8. You'll note that that's a C trumpet, not a Bb trumpet, so if you play it on an ordinary trumpet (Bb), it will be a whole-step too high. If you play it on a Saxophone (Eb) it'll be way the fuck off. :)

Ideally, really, you should play the melody on a piano and sing along with it. And don't forget articulation! Those staccato dots are there for a reason!!

*sigh* and here I am, defending two measures of bad music... someone want to remind me why?

9. hey man, jw by looking at the little bit of music that you put in there do you use finale?

i got it from school awhile ago and its awesome if you into music, you can compose just about anything you want

10. I've used full blown Finale before, and, yes it totally roxxors! I can't afford the whole thing, though, so I just have the free Finale Note Pad, which pales in comparison to it's full-size cousin, but... hell, it's free!

Good eye, though, being able to notice that.