Mulch suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OZs_786, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Definitely want to mulch my girls when they hit the great outdoors. But before I do, any of you have any suggestions on what I should use? I was thinking about just rinsing some coco fiber pots and cutting them up for a mulch, but I might go with straw. Not too sure yet.
    Any replies or suggestions would be appreciated

2. I have some hemp pet bedding I was actually planning on using after i rinse it real good, just hope it doesnt raise acidity.

Sent from my QS5509A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Exactly what I was worried about. Not sure if the coco will lower my pH or give my feedings extra salts even if I rinse them :confused_2::confused_2:

4. I did some research on the hemp bedding, and it's actually less acidic than pine, or the other barks, great for mulch, and you can get it at Walmart in the animal section. I would think pure Coco as mulch would retain too much water on the top, but don't hold me to that.

Sent from my QS5509A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Nice, man! Thanks. Regular coco might — but I have pots that are made of coco fiber and I think they would work, but not too sure of acidity / salts like I was saying