Muic changes in life

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by smoking515, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Ok so I'm 19 and I currently listen to allot of Tech N9ne, Wiz Khalifa, Kid Cudi, Juicy J, Ces Cru, and rappers like that. From 0-3 I listened to baby music allot, 4-11 I listened to radio music,12-14 rock an punk rock, 15-now rap. So what have been your music changes on life?

[quote name='"Elechronic"']"What do you think Sarge, do you think this is paraphernalia?" "Well, it does say 'weed loading surface' on it."

2. I've always listened to a little bit of everything, only got really into hip hop within the past 4 years though. Biggest shift for me would be getting into more agressive music I guess. IDK the who age breakdown though :smoke: I guess in high school I got started feeling some bullshit angst and started getting into heavier music in all genres.

3. I've always kind of listened to similar stuff. When I was really little I listened to classic rock (Guns N Roses, Metallica, etc.) Then as I got older I listened to a lot more hip hop, mostly radio stuff, started listening to Eminem and 2pac, stuff like that when I was around 10 yrs old. I was a huge metallica and eminem fan throughout all of elementary school, but once I got into middle school I started listening to heavy metal, lamb of god, slipknot, stuff like that, and also a lot of Twiztid and ICP.

In high school I continued listening to psychopathic records stuff and lots of new age death metal like Carnifex, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Suffokate. But also got into Tech N9ne and a lot of stoner music when I started to blaze and party. the end of sophomore year I discovered dubstep, and now that i'm in college I listen to mostly dirty electronic music (Drum N Bass, Dubstep, jump-up music), and gangsta rap. Lots of tech n9ne still, I've got a tech tattoo on the back of my right leg, i'm down for life ya dig?

4. Up until about 12 - 13 I listened to embarrasing pop music.
    Then 13 - 14 I got in to rap like Dre, Eminem 50 cent etc.
    Then probs when I was 15 I started to get in to indie rock Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and muse.
    17 I started getting high and got in to psych rock like Beatles, Floyd, Cream, Hendrix and Love. I've retained my love for this genre.
    In between 19 - 21 which I am now I have gotten in to Metal, Folk, Electronic, Prog, Hip Hop, experimental, Jam bands. Right now I'm listening to a shit load of different genres I'm interested to see what's in store for the future.

5. When I was younger I never really listened to music so whatever was on the radio or in commercials were the only songs I knew. I really got into music in grade 9 when my buddy showed me Metallica and from there I fell in love with metal. I had some smaller phases after a while with punk and indie music but my love for metal has only been getting stronger. I do listen to other kinds of music but not near the extent that I do with metal \m/

6. Started with bob marley when i was 11 years old, been listening to reggae ever since then. I'm 19 today and i still do. Got into rap, trance when i was 16 i think.

7. #7 CrazyDiamond20, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    9-12: stuff like Linkin Park and Eminem
    12-15: Discovered Black Sabbath and AC/DC(My love for rock grew from there)
    15-now: I've gotten into a bunch of different stuff from BB King to UNKLE. I'd say I listen to 80% rock 20% everything else. Sabbath is still my favorite though

8. #8 Helikaon, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    0-12: Whatever my mother liked listening to. I remember lots of The Beatles, northern soul and motown.

12-15: "The Close-Minded Years" Godawful commercial metal like Slipknot, Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium etc. Basically whichever band were on the front of Kerrang magazine.

15-20: Say hello to the Wu-Tang Clan. Hip-hop forced its way into my life and hasn't left since.

17- Discovered hardcore.

20 onwards:

I really despise the phrase "I listen to a bit of everything" but I'll just have to use it. I listen to a diverse range of genres, from Christian folk rock to neurosynth. Only thing I'd say I don't listen to is the utter shite I listened to early as a teen, only bands that have survived in my ears and playlists from that time are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and System of a Down. Recently been listening to lots of Wu-Tang solo albums like Digital Bullet.

9. For the most part, my tastes have progressed like this:

Radio rock -> nu-metal -> death metal -> most of the other extreme metals -> grindcore -> powerviolence (hip-hop jumped in somewhere around here) -> hardcore punk -> stoner metal

10. 0-12 classic rock because its what my parents listened to
    12-15 radio rock, papa roach, disturbed, rise against, stuff like that. i also started getting into metal a little
    15-now mostly rap, but i still gotta get my headbanging fix every now and then lol

11. 0-10: mostly classic rock, 80s music, old school hip hop and dance music. stuff that my dad listened to or stuff i saw on MTV (they still played music videos back then:rolleyes:)

11-15: i got REALLY into punk and metal. stuff like Black Flag, the Misfits, DK, Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, the Virus, A Global Threat, AFI, NOFX, Social Distortion, The Casualties, Crass, Leftover Crack, Pennywise, JFA, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down, Soulfly, Crossbreed, Korn, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, White/Rob Zombie etc....i played bass in a few punk bands back then with my friends, nothin fancy just bored lil skater kids having fun

16-20: i got really into rap and hip hop (UGK, DJ Screw, SPM, Eminem, Bone Thugs, Cypress Hill, Kottonmouth Kings, ICP, Twiztid, Tech N9ne, Pastor Troy, Wu Tang Clan, Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Z Ro, Devin The Dude, etc...), i also started going to alot of partys/clubs/raves and got really into EDM (trance, house, dnb, trip hop) and reggae/dancehall music. i stared making my own rap and techno beats for a while, but unfortunatly i got robbed for $2500 worth of studio equipment and havn't quite recovered that loss...yet. they also stole a lb of shwag and 2 bongs :(

21-26: THE BASSHEAD YEARS lol i heard dubstep for the first time and was like :eek: i also discovered Trap music recently and had a similar reaction. if its got alot of bass then im all about it. i still listen to alot of rap and EDM too.

i listen to all kinds of music but i guess you could say rap/hip hop and EDM are probably my favorite genres:bongin:

12. When I was little I listened to oldies from the 60s and 70s , then when I was like 11 I listened to some rap/pop because my older sister did, then about 14 I started getting deeper into classic rock, then that led into classic Metal which led to the great stuff I listen to today which is mostly Thrash and Power Metal which is my favorite ever! \m/

13. i started getting into music when i was like.. maybe 9 years old? anyways first album i ever bought was the Black Album by Metallica. fell in love with the song "Of Wolf and Man" and eventually got Kill em All which is still to this day my absolute favorite Metallica album.

got into some other hard rock shit like Godsmack, and started listening to shit like Disturbed and Korn, then by the time i was about 12 i started to hate Korn but fell in love with Slipknot, and eventually developed a better taste in metal.

eventually it evolved and disturbed is now disliked by me (though down with the sickness is still awesome lol), and im starting to get into the deathcore, and death metal shit like Whitechapel, Dying Fetus, Hate Eternal etc

nowadays im into a bunch of different extreme metal genres, primarily thrash, folk, and death metal (mostly melodic death metal though).

ive been a metal head my entire life, but i gotta say i enjoy some hip hop despite knowing virtually nothing about it.

14. But when u say rap do u mean YMCMB shit or classic notorious tupac eazy e dr dre MOBB deep eminem (the good old eminem not the new gay eminem) snoop dogg cypress hill luniz...

I like kid cudi too and wiz khalifa a little too...
    Try those I put that's real rap

15. Reggae: Bob Marley, Kolohe kai, o shen
    Rock: Metallica, Nirvana
    But I love Classic music (80's - 90's)